Friday, November 28, 2008

It's Friday . . . for Real!

Hey cyber friends, it's Friday! I hope this post finds everyone healthy and happy and feeling fine after yesterday's holiday. Me? I'm still a little off kilter but think I'm coming around.

My card - the only one I've eked out in the past couple of days - was inspired by a couple of things I've seen recently, namely these beautiful cards on the No Time to Stamp? blog and these fun snowflakes on the Sassy & Sweet Notes blog. If you're not seeing very many similarities between what inspired me and the finished product, it's because there aren't many. In comparison, my snowflake doesn't quite cut it, and I didn't have any shiny silver metallic cardstock that would have been so much prettier with the blue/white combination.

My big snowflake was cut with the Cuttlebug Ice Crystal combo (die and embossing folder). For the smaller one, I used a Martha Stewart snowflake punch. I used chunky (as in regular and cheap from Walmart) glitter on the large flake and Prisma Glitter on the small one. A glue stick was my adhesive of choice and probably not the best idea as I had threads between the points to deal with and a bigger mess than I might have had if I'd opted for a glue pen.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Heavenly Blue and Moonstruck cardstock; Silver metallic paper from my stash; Moonstruck ink pad; CTMH Festive Thoughts and Impression Obsession Holly Days stamp sets; White Bigger Brads; Silver Bitty Brads; Sparkles; Stampin' Up Whisper White taffeta ribbon; Glitter from Walmart; Prisma Glitter; Cuttlebug/w Ice Crystal Combo; Glue Stick.

Yesterday was OK, although when it came right down to it, we missed the traditional stuff. Next year. Cameron and I worked today, while Marv spent the day with the boys. Because I worked today, I have the option of taking the day after Christmas off. As we're closed on the 24th, I will have five straight days off, which is something I haven't had in six years. I can't wait.

There are no plans for the weekend with the exception that Bjorn and Mathias are spending the night tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to spending some relaxing time in my corner and catching up with the blogosphere. There are some cool 12 days of Christmas challenges going on at Paper Craft Planet, and although I missed the first one, I'd like to see what I can do with the rest of them. For tonight, I'm going to go to bed. I hope your weekend is a good one. If you get the chance, stop back to see what I'm up to. Later!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Kathi, I'm sorry to hear that your Thanksgiving was lacking, but your card surely isn't!!!! It's beautiful and I think all that heartache with the glitter was well worth it! Take Care!!!!!

Jeanne said...

Kathi, this card is so festive! I've picked up and put away the snow looking glitter so many times because I am not sure if I would use it enough. Methinks I am going to have to rethink that thought.

If we'd lived closer together, it sure would have been great to get together for the holiday, wouldn't it? It's just the 4 of us most of the time.

5 days off at Christmas?! You won't know what to do with yourself! LOL