Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sketches

I can't believe how fast the hands of the clock move on the weekend. I got a lot done today. The fact that the resident packrat is away made it easier.

Here are a couple of sketch challenge cards. The first is my take of Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #42. Everything should be pretty self-explanatory. I did some distressing with Bamboo ink and a sponge dauber. The edges of the New England Ivy cardstock are sanded. The star button is an old CTMH button that I found in my stash. I wish I had a dozen more. As for the Basic Grey Wassail paper, I love it and just might have to order a few big sheets of my favorite patterns.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and New England Ivy cardstock; Basic Grey Wassail 6x6-inch paper pad; New England Ivy, Brown Bag, Vineyard Berry, and Bamboo ink pads; Evergreen stamp set; Pewter Bigger Brads and mini brads; Vineyard Berry Waxy Flax; Star button; Sponge dauber; Sanding Block.

My second card was inspired by Jen Del Muro's A Sketch for You to Try. I don't suppose I need to say that it's masculine. I did deviate from the circle elements and replaced them with hinges. I really wanted to use pewter but only had two, so I settled for silver. With regard to the focal point element, the extra matting was an afterthought that made a big difference. I used markers to color my image. Why I have a "thing" for cattails, I don't know.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Cocoa cardstock; Basic Grey Boxer 6x6-inch paper pad; Verve Stamps Abundant Blessings and Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages stamp sets; Chocolate ink pad; Olive and Chocolate markers; Silver hinges w/brads; Sanding block.

Marv called earlier and is coming home in the morning. I thought the rifle season for deer ended this weekend. Wrong. It goes through next weekend. Good grief. With a few things to do before calling it a day, I'll sign off. I hope you are having a good weekend. I still have one more sketch that I'd like to try. If I get to it, I'll be back. Until then, take care and as always, thank you for stopping by!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow! Love them! Love the hinges in place of the circles, you rock! I have been struggling with what to do with that sketch, you rocked it!

Lori said...

Oh wow - both of these are so elegant and stunning! And how creative are you to use those great hinges!!! way to go!

Jeanne said...

I have to agree with the previous posters! These are two very striking cards. Way to go on the sketches! I was going to try some this week...before I got sidetracked. LOL But, your work just blows me away, I doubt I could do them justice.

Kathryn said...

WOW -- both cards are STUNNING -- love them both -- the colors are so wonderful! ;)

Ida P. Krause said...

Both of these cards are just wonderful.

Taylor VanBruggen said...

So pretty, Kathi! Both cards are lovely! Thanks for playing the challenge!

SnappyStamper said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you so much for sharing them!