Saturday, December 6, 2008

Challenge Card

Here's my take on this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. Vintage Christmas is one of my all time favorite Christmas sets from Close To My Heart, and I realized last night that I hadn't used it yet this year. I thought it would be a good match for the vintage feel of Basic Grey's Wassail paper.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Desert Sand, and Barn Red cardstock; Basic Grey Wassail 6x6-inch paper pad; New England Ivy, Desert Sand, Bamboo, and Vineyard Berry stamp pads; Vintage Christmas stamp set; New England Ivy grosgrain ribbon; Pewter mini brads.

My "to do" list for today is longer than yesterday's - one thing leads to another. Unfortunately, I'm not getting off to an early start. Marv wanted to sleep in, which means I'm currently tip-toeing between the coffee maker and my den. I'll give him another half hour and then, it's "rise and shine" whether he likes it or not. Don't I sound tough? It's a facade. Out my window, it's a winter wonderland this morning. It's snowing, and what covers the ground looks like a fluffy, white blanket. That said, I'm going to go start something in my corner. Thanks for stopping, and have a great day. Later!

5 comments:

Marjorie said...

This is so pretty! You are right, that Vintage Christmas set looks so pretty with the Wassail paper! Love the pretty vintage colors and feel!

Laurel said...

This is fabulous! I can't wait to get my Wassail paper!

Jeanne said...

Ohhhhhhh....this one is terrific, too! I'm missing all these challenges what with my obsession for knittng/crocheting Christmas gifts...drat. Ah well, I can sure enjoy what you are creating!

Stampin n da Hood said...

great match with the BG papers, uh YA!

Kim said...

I love this card and great job with the sketch!