Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Break

Don't be fooled by my title. The only "break" is in not stamping a Christmas card. Instead, I opted for something springy, using what just might be my new, "favorite" papers - Basic Grey's Urban Prairie collection. The flowers were outlined with markers and then filled in with same-color ink, using a blending pen. Oh, and this is my card for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch group challenge.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Black, and Carnation (retired) cardstock; Basic Grey Urban Prairie 6x6-inch paper pad; Black, Carnation (retired), and Twilight ink pads; Buttercup, Garden Green, and Carnation (retired) markers; Whipper Snapper Designs Blossoms & Butterflies and CTMH Say it in Style stamp sets; Black gingham ribbon; Black mini brads; Dimensional Elements Bookplates; Finishing Files; Black My Legacy Writer.

Wow! It felt good to take the time to stamp a card just for the sake of stamping. However, that's probably the only break I'm going to get today. There's much to do, and time is a precious commodity.

Yesterday, I'm 99 percent certain, will go down in the Carlson history books as "The Best of Christmas 2008." It was the most perfect day. The atmosphere was relaxed. Everyone was happy. It was so much fun. While most of the family stayed overnight, we came back with thoughts that the little guys would have a tough time settling down in a large-group setting. They certainly settled down on the car ride home, falling asleep within a few miles of the cabin. So tired they were from their fun, full day, they didn't even wake up when we carried them in, undressed them, and tucked them into bed.

That said, I'd better get with the program. I have a million things (only a slight exaggeration) to do yet today. I hope you're having a great weekend, too! Later . . .

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I love that paper too! Great job with the sketch!