Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Love. Hope. Peace.

As far as what I want for Christmas, these are the words that appear on the inside of tonight's card. They're true . . . kind of . . . I could make another card that reads, "All I want for Christmas are things you can't buy in Thief River Falls." When asked recently, I mentioned a couple of stamping related tools to which the inquiring one asked "What the hell heck is that?" "Forget it," I replied. "Seriously," he persisted. "Where do I buy these items, whatever they are? In town? Grand Forks?" "Probably not," I answered. With that, I was asked why I always have to be so darned difficult. I should have told him I had my heart set on a 3-carat diamond ring set in platinum, because I'm allergic to gold. Now, that would constitute "difficult." Ho! Ho! Ho!

This card is my take on Jen del Muro's A Sketch for you to Try on her I {heart} 2 Stamp blog. For whatever reason, it didn't photograph well and is cuter in person. Also unexplainable is the fact that I felt like stamping mittens this evening. Perhaps, it is because they're so necessary these days. It's cold!!!

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Barn Red, and New England Ivy cardstock; Basic Grey Wassail 6x6-inch paper pad; Black, Bamboo, and New England Ivy stamp pads; Olive and Barn Red markers; Festive Thoughts and Snow Friends (both retiring) stamp sets; Garden Green and Goldrush mini brads; Vineyard Berry Waxy Flax; Sponge dauber; Sanding block; 3M foam mounting tape.

I was asleep within minutes of finishing my post last night. I woke up around 1 a.m., stayed up for about an hour and then went back to bed and slept soundly until 7:15. I felt pretty good this morning. LOL. Grandpa and I did a little Christmas shopping after work. With very different ideas, we didn't accomplish much, however. I suppose I was being "difficult" again. My big "find" was that gingerbread house kit that I mentioned last week, which I thought was sold out, because I couldn't find it when I went back to buy it. Instead of sold out, they'd been moved to, in my opinion, a rather obscure location. Anyway, Bjorn, Mathias, and Grandma will get to do our little project after all. It should be fun. That's enough jabber for tonight. As always, thanks for stopping by! Later . . .

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Cute card! I keep hoping to play with my Wassail paper pack, but I have been busy with That's Amore instead. Am making a set of cards and matching box for my daughter's teacher. Finished tonight, hopefully will post it tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

This is a darling card. I love the Wassail colors, (even though I'm CTMH consultant!) and they go well with our colors.

Anne said...

Cute card! I learned sometime ago, to give my hubby very detailed directions on what to buy me for Christmas, and no way, no how can it be stamping related :-) Good luck with you dh!

Stacy said...

Ah, sweet card! I am so sad they are not going to have these stamp sets anymore :0( I love them both! I love the Wassail paper too!!!

Jeanne said...

Love the card and love the sentiment!

I'm glad you found the gingerbread house. Ours is still waiting to be created. MAYBE this weekend (but A pulled another doozy yesterday). I getting thisclose to finishing up all my projects that HAVE to be done...

HUGS!!