Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Post #850

As in number of posts in the past year and three or so months. While I don't pay a lot of attention to numbers, this one jumped out at me. And to think, there are still times when I ask myself, "Why the heck do I do this?" LOL.

Here's a gift card holder that I put together on Monday evening. If you spend much time roaming around the blogosphere, it's nothing new - just my easy-does-it take on it. In the event that you're not familiar with it, an excellent tutorial can be found here. It was fun and simple to make, and personally, I really like this particular design. Should I actually use it, I will had a sentiment to the inside front cover. The stamps I used for the belly band are from the You're So Sweet set by Clear Dollar Stamps. Because a Scor-Pal is still on my "Wish list," I used my paper trimmer and scoring blade to score my cardstock. Additionally, I didn't have the oval punch noted in the tutorial and used a 1-11/16th circle punch in its place. It worked.

Materials & Tools: New England Ivy, Cranberry & White Daisy cardstock; Evensong Creative Basics Collection; New England Ivy and Cranberry Ink Pad; Clear Dollar Stamps You're So Sweet stamp set; Fiskars Euro paper trimmer w/scoring blade; Terrifically Tacky tape; 1-11/16th, 1-1/4, and 1-inch circle punches.

I got side-tracked and didn't get a post up last night. Tonight, I stayed a bit too long at the bowling alley. While I didn't exhibit any outstanding athletic prowess this evening, I had a good time, which is what it's all about as far as I'm concerned. That's it for me tonight. I hope you are having a good week. If you get the chance, check back tomorrow night. I've got a couple of fun, albeit prettier-in-person, cards that I made on the weekend to show you.

6 comments:

Patzke's said...

Way to go on all your great posts. I like your gift card holder. I may have to actually try this myself sometime. Thank you for all of your sharing.

The Closet Crafter said...

Ahh, you have some of the coveted Evensong Creative Basics paper! Love the gift card holder, I may need to make some this year.

Stampin n da Hood said...

Love this, Kathi!
I'm making a little bit different pattern with this idea, and of course, will share later.
Thanks so much!!

Jeanne said...

This looks awesome Kathi! That paper is so very pretty.

Congrats on reaching that milestone. You definitely have a following that is so grateful that you DO do what you do!

Hugs!!

Laurel said...

Love it! and keep up the posting, everything is always superb!

Lea said...

You do it because you have tons of faitfull followers (even if they're just lurkers like me) who look forward to seeing your beautiful cards. Thanks so much for all your inspiration