Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm in Love . . .

. . . With the Spring Close To My Heart catalog. I received an order today with some of the new products and am totally blown away by how wonderful the new papers are. The catalog cannot/does not do them justice at all. I could only manage to purchase three of the five new sets this time, but I did get the sampler that features all of them, and I am so darned impressed. Wouldn't you know it, too, that the one I thought I wouldn't like "for sure" (and didn't order) looks like it just might be the cutest one of all.

You can look at the catalog here on my Close To My Heart website. Just click on the "Products" tab, and it will take you to Flash versions of the three most recent catalogs as well as the 2009 Product Guide. On the homepage, don't forget to click on the National Papercraft Month image, too, to find out how you can get the beautiful Key to My Heart Level 2 paper packet and E-size stamp set. I've got one sitting here beside me and so wish I had time to play tonight! One more thing, while you are on the homepage of my website, check out the CTMH TV episodes. While I haven't taken the time to view them all, I was "wowed" by what I've watched so far. What a fun new feature!

About my card, had it not been for the simple sketch for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #50, I might not have taken the time to stamp at all tonight. Not that I stamped much. LOL. When I saw the three circle elements on the sketch and looked at one of the designs in my new Emporium paper packet, I got the idea for this simple card. All I did was punch three circles from the patterned paper with a 1-inch punch and mount them on scalloped circles I cut with my Cuttlebug. Love the colors in Emporium, the main ones being Crystal Blue, Cocoa, Sweet Leaf, and Buttercup.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Chocolate, and Sweet Leaf cardstock; Emporium paper packet; Chocolate ink pad; Hero Arts Anytime Messages stamp set; RicRac collection; 1-inch circle punch; Cuttlebug w/Classic Circles Nestabilities; Mini Glue Dots; Fray Check; EK Success Corner Rounder; 3M foam mounting tape.

Like I said, I don't have time for the kind of fun I'm used to this weekend. After a weather-related postponement, we are celebrating the holidays with my family at my sister's house in Fertile (yes, that's the name of a town) tomorrow. Sunday, we will be celebrating Bjorn's 5th birthday at a party at his mommy's house. Tonight, I have punch to make for tomorrow, and a couple of things I said I'd do to help with the party on Sunday. Thank heavens, Wal-Mart is open all night . . . Finished with the workweek at 3 this afternoon, I spent a couple of hours shopping and running errands downtown, which wore me out. I can hope I will have time to stamp a little when I get home tomorrow evening. That will be dependent, too, on whether I can actually get into my corner. What a mess with no time to clean it up! We'll see. While I'm having fun, I hope you are, too, this weekend. Thanks for stopping by, and until I talk to you again, take care!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hi, I just commented on your Asian card and then saw that you had posted a new card. We did order the Key to My Heart. I have never looked at the TV episodes. Maybe that is something I'll do when I am going crazy cause I can't stamp. LOL

Jeanne said...

Well, I can see why, if this is an example! Lovely card.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend full of family and fun!

Hugs!

Janelle Janish said...

I really like the scallopped circles in this card. I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your creations and I have to say, I'm pleased to know that I'm not the only "messy" stamper. :)