Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Long Day

I had better tell you about my card before expounding on my day just in case I don't have the energy to do both.

This is another of those cards that just kind of evolved - nothing like what I originally planned. Sometimes those are the best kind. I'm happy with the result. Looking at it, I don't think there is anything to say about it that you can't see. When it came to adding a little bling to my butterflies, I was happy to see that Close To My Heart has added some itty-bitty Sparkles to its new packaging.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Juniper, and Sorbet cardstock; Key to My Heart paper and stamp kit (National Papercrafting Month promo); Sorbet and Juniper stamp pads; Verve Stamps Beautiful You stamp set; Sparkles; Martha Stewart Butterfly punch; EK Success corner punch; Sponge dauber.

The writer's block I mentioned the other day took me right down to the wire with regard to the deadline for my 'difficult' writing assignment. Only a few times have I spent so many hours staring into a computer screen with absolutely nothing happening. I worried about it, too, and couldn't get to sleep last night, still staring at the clock at 2 a.m. When the alarm went off at 6, I told myself, "I have to do this." And with that and a bit of an adrenaline rush, I sat down at my computer and finally wrote my article. I finished it around 9:30 and emailed it to my supervisor to look over while I got ready to go to work. With a couple of very minor changes, it was done, and if I say so myself, it was good.

I worked the rest of the day and bowled tonight and was OK until I got home and walked through the door. Bedtime is imminent. When I have enough energy to feel anything, I'm going to feel good about the fact that I can still pull a rabbit out of my hat when the need arises. Right now, I just want to sleep. Thanks for stopping by. I'll catch you again tomorrow night. Between now and then, take care.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Such pretty colors in this card! You definitely cannot go wrong...no matter how tired one might be...adding butterflies to a card!

I'm relieved to hear your writer's block got smashed, but wish it didn't cause such havoc to the sleep schedule!

Have a super day!

Unknown said...

Love it. I am going to have to get that darn butterfly punch!