Saturday, January 17, 2009

Moments in Time

If I'd spent half as much time stamping as I've spent trying to put this photo collage together, I would be able to say I'd accomplished something so far today. LOL. Sometimes, I feel so inept. The collage photo is smaller than I would like it to be. However, at this point, I give up. You'll get the drift.

It's a coaster calendar made with January's Stamp of the Month set, Moments in Time. The design was somewhat inspired by Julee's "A Year in Verve" post on her Poetic Artistry blog. I used six 3-1/2 inch coasters and a variety of papers and stamps. While most are from Close To My Heart (both current and retired products), there's a little Verve here and a little Papertrey Ink there along with some Memory Box and Basic Grey papers.

All of the stamped circle elements (punched with 1 and 1-1/4 circle punches) were mounted with foam tape. Because I don't have a Bind-It-All, the calendar is held together with jump rings. It works. While the design is simple like all my designs are, the project, as a whole,
was more ambitious than my usual attempts. Fun, too. Because I'm tired of anything that has anything to do with winter, I'll show you a closeup of the June page. Because the materials were so many and varied, I'm not going to list them. If you have a question, please ask.

With stamp club projects to prepare for tomorrow evening, I'm going back to my corner. Perhaps, I should get dressed for the day, too. LOL. Actually it feels pretty good to be sitting around in my pajamas in the middle of the afternoon. Whatever you're doing, I hope you're having a great day. Later . . .

P.S. Double click on the collage photo if you want to see a larger version.

15 comments:

scrappernic said...

Darling calendar! I love it :) What cute gifts they would make, although they look pretty time-intensive.

Alanna said...

What an awesome project and a big undertaking it looks like in getting the collage right. I absolutely love this.

Carolyn said...

Kathi that is totally awesome!!! I'm gonna lift it if you don't mind. I haven't visited you in a while. Busy. Love your work... Don't ever stop posting. :)

Stampin n da Hood said...

STANKIN cute!

Sylvia said...

Absolutely great! A couple of friends from church came over with homemade chicken soup and wild blueberry pie.

Laurel said...

I love it Kathi! I am actually waiting for my BIA owires so that I can make one! I am in my jammies too and like you am kinda happy about that!

Laurel said...

too funny, just saw my email looks like we are checking each other out at the same time!

mE said...

Kathy -

These are FABULOUS! It's an awesome project and totally doable! I love how there's a consistency through the whole calendar. The pages are all different, but all go together nicely! :)

INky Smiles!
Erin

Anonymous said...

WHOA Kathi you have been busy....love this

Tammy said...

I really loved this too. I love more of your cards then I comment on though. I really wanted to tell you that I like these. Very, very cute.

Jeanne said...

Whoa Nelly! This is a terrific project! I like the consistency with all the months, yet they all look different. You did an amazing job on the collage and the project itself. Go, Kathi!

bunkobeth said...

I Love it!! I'm going to have to get the Moments in Time stamp set. I've been looking for a small gift for those that "have everything". This would be great for my in-laws who have downsized!

Tiff said...

I love your calendar! It is SUPER cute!

Christine Duff said...

Oh, I have something fun to copy! I LOVE your calendar! Thanks for sharing and your photo collage is awesome.

Maricar said...

Kathi,
I hadn't been around in so long, but I'm back to poke around and get inspired by you! I love this project. Did you use 12 coasters? Or 6 - and do front and back? what a great idea.