Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pretty Paper Quilt

A few days ago, I saw this card showcasing new Basic Grey papers at the CHA convention and trade show on Debbie Olson's Thinking Inking blog and couldn't get it out of my head. Here' s my take on it minus the flowers and stamped sentiment. I decided to leave it a note card and say what I have to say on the inside. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey 6x6-inch Boxer pad, and while I didn't use any stamps, I did use a sponge dauber and some Desert Sand ink to distress the edges of my 1-inch squares. I'm afraid this paper quilting might be as addictive as those boxes of a few days ago was. Another thought - wouldn't a quilted square like this make a pretty top for one of those little boxes? Ah, so many ideas. So little time!

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Bamboo, and Outdoor Denim cardstock; Basic Grey Box 6x6-inch paper pad; Desert Sand Ink Pad; Hero Arts 5mm flat-back pearls; Sponge dauber; Sanding block.

Friends, it's darned near Friday again. January is almost over (which, if you live in the tundra, is not a bad thing). Hooray, to all of the above! Today was an OK day at work. I'm busy, which is good. Previously, I deemed the fact that there was only one of me kind of a lonely thing. Now, I call it job security. LOL. As I'm still in my work clothes and haven't even eaten supper yet, I'd better get my butt off the computer and check out what's in the refrigerator. I hope you had a good day and that your Friday is fantastic. As I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of sketches it brings, I can imagine I'll be back. 'Til then, take care and know that I appreciate you!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh my heavens! This is beautiful, Kathi! Love everything about it! Wonderful job!

Tammy said...

Looks just like a quilt. It is beautiful

bunkobeth said...

So beautiful...I feel a scraplifting session coming on!!

Juel said...

Beautiful card Kathi!!