Saturday, January 24, 2009

Simple Saturday

Here's the same simple sketch done three ways.

For my first card, I used a 1-inch circle punch to cut four elements from one of the Emporium paper patterns and mounted them on 1-1/4 inch Cocoa circles, also cut with a punch. The Sweet Leaf background piece is textured cardstock.

Materials and Tools: Colonial White and Cocoa cardstock; Sweet Leaf Textured cardstock; Emporium Level 2 paper packet; Cocoa ink pad; Say it in Style stamp set; Sweet Leaf Design Ribbon Rounds; 1 and 1-1/4 inch circle punches; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide & Mat; EK Success Corner Rounder.




I used White Daisy Textured cardstock for my second card. The stamped hearts were cut out and mounted to the background with foam mounting tape.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy Textured cardstock; Tulip cardstock; Tulip ink pad; Key to My Heart and Say it in Style stamp sets; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide & Mat; EK Success corner rounder; 3M foam mounting tape.





My third card is another one that required minimal stamping.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Juniper cardstock; Key to My Heart paper packet; Creme Brule ink pad; Say it in Style stamp set; Hero Arts Art Flowers Summer; Spring Blossom Mini Medley Accents; EK Success corner rounder; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide & Mat.

With a forecast high of 6 below today and 10 below tomorrow, I'm going to be staying close to home this weekend. I don't anticipate being bored, however. If I run out of paper and ink, I've noticed that there are a few cupboards and drawers in my kitchen that could use straightening not to mention a utility closet that could avalanche at any moment. There's always something to do, especially when one is married to a man (bless his heart) who puts things where they fit opposed to where they belong. LOL. I hope yours is a good day. I'll catch you later!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

VERY cool sketch! I might have to try it myself! All your cards are sweet!

Jeanne said...

What a great sketch. I really like seeing how the "mood" of the card changes with the supplies used. Great job Kathi!

As for the temps...brrrrrrr is all I can say!