Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sweet and Simple

I wish I could say that about all aspects of life. LOL. I'm having "one of those weeks" when, while there's nothing really wrong, things don't seem like they're just right either. The weather is cold, which is getting old already as far as I'm concerned. Still, because the wind hasn't been blowing, it's 100 percent better than it could be, which means I have no reason to complain. Work is so-so. Because my job is unique, it feels lonely sometimes. I also have to please some very important people, which, at times, is more difficult than I think it should have to be. At home, I've got a million things to do but am too darned tired at the end of the day to make much headway on anything. I'm in a rut with an inkling, at least, that Thursday's proximity to Friday will be reason enough to feel better tomorrow.

Tonight's very simple card was made with materials that were laying on my desktop. I glued the little heart to several layers of cardstock, creating faux chipboard.

Materials and Tools: White Daisy, Hollyhock, and Black cardstock; Basic Grey Urban Prairie 6x6-inch paper pad; Hollyhock ink pad; Verve Stamps Heartfelt Phrases stamp set; Stampin' Up Word Window punch; Heart punch; Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots embossing folder; 3M foam mounting tape.

I bowled tonight, which was kind of fun after several weeks off during the holiday season. Bjorn and Mathias are here tonight and are staying with us tomorrow night as well. I'm glad, because if anyone can lift me out of my doldrums, it will be them. There smiles light up the room. For tonight, I'm going to take a quick bath and see if I can get more than a couple of pages in the new book I'm reading read before nodding off. I hope you're having a good week. I'll catch you tomorrow with another card and a little commentary . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all I LOVE THE CARD - we must be on the same wave length (check my blog later....lol) Second of all I think that the AFTER CHRISTMAS BLUES are going around. I know at work everyone is *off* a bit - nothing really wrong or bad, just *off*.

Jeanne said...

Sweet and simple, but beautiful! I admire your ability to get a card done when you are feeling "off." I hope the boys are helping to lift your spirits.

I may be across several states from you, but I think of you daily and am sending you huge cyber hugs!

Sylvia said...

Love the card! I too made some cards from stuff on my desk just haven't gotten them posted. The sun is shining, no wind, no snow!