Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Bit Much

Let's call this card a 'sampler.' Because I didn't have a lot of time to make samples with this promotional set (free this month with a $25 stamp purchase), I set out to use as many of the stamps in the set as possible on a single card. While the results don't impress me, it's a card I can send to a kid. The b-size stamp set, "Good Times," is cute and also includes a balloon, tiny star, and gift. The promotion is in commemoration of D.O.T.S./Close To My Heart founder Jeanette Lynton's 25-year anniversary in the industry.

I used white Liquid Applique to 'frost' my cupcake. The cherry on top was created with a hole punch and made shiny with Liquid Glass.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Clover Meadow, Star Spangled Blue, and Holiday Red cardstock; Clover Meadow Star Spangled Blue, and Holiday Red ink pads; Good Times stamp set; Red mini brads; White Liquid Applique; Liquid Glass; 1/2-inch square punch.

Here's a little 'Only a Stamper' story: I stopped by K-Mart to pick up some inexpensive paint brushes to use with the Yes! paste at tonight's stamp club meeting. Proceeding to the check out, I noticed that all of the heart-shaped boxed Valentine's Day candy was half price, so I picked up one big box, two medium-size boxes, and two small boxes of candy. When I got home, I dumped them into Marv's lap with a sweet smile and a "Happy Valentine's Day ... er, kinda late" greeting. He looked up at me with no expression on his face. "You don't need to tell me. They were cheap, and you wanted the boxes," he stated rather of matter of factly. "Yup," I said. The man's got me figured out. Now, I just need to figure out where to store my precious boxes for a year. Later...

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow! You packed a lot into that card. It is a fun card for a kid, that is for sure. *Ü* Well done, since you didn't have a lot of time.

Loved the story. Marv sure is a good sport! Hope he liked the candies. LOL

Have fun with your club tonight!

Anonymous said...

Kathi I LOVE this card. It is so FUN! I would love to get it (people have called me a kid on several occasions tho'...lol) Love the box story and trust me as I cruised past that rack of half priced heart shaped boxed chocolate I would too have picked some up, had it not been for dh presence....lol
One year a friend of a friend made her a heart shaped box (papercrafted of course) with the little mini muffin liners filled with scrapbooking embellishments. It was so cool!

Tiff said...

GREAT card to show off that stamp set!!!! Do you mind if I send customers your way to look at the card? Also, how in the world did you get your applique so puffy! Mine is always flat?

Anne said...

I REALLY like your card! It's PERFECT for a kid's birthday card! Think that you did an excellent job!