Monday, February 9, 2009

For the Birds

Hey, how's your Monday? Not wanting the weekend to end, I was naughty and stayed up too late last night. I'm paying for it tonight in that it's barely after 8 p.m., and I can hardly keep my eyes open. You would think I would learn.

My card is one of two that I made over the weekend with Flourishes' Birds in Vines set. My inspiration for both came from cards I saw on the Flourishes blog. I'd link you to the pocket card, but there so much good stuff to see between the top of the page and the inspirational card, I'll let you look for it. What really attracted me to the card was the pretty soft pink, which I combined with Chocolate and Blush.


Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Baby Pink, Blush, and Chocolate cardstock; Blush, Chocolate, and Baby Pink ink pads; Flourishes Birds in Vines stamp set; White mini brads; EK Success corner rounder; Fiskars Sunburst border punch; Stampin' Up Round Tab punch; Sponge dauber.

For as much as I complain about snow, I'll have to say that the fluffy white stuff is much preferable to freezing rain. It started around midnight last night and has been raining on and off since. When Marv and I stepped outside this morning, the sidewalk as like glass. The roads weren't much better, and there were numerous reports about vehicles in the ditches from those who drive to work from neighboring communities. The rain is supposed to turn to snow tonight and continue for a couple of days. I'm happy that outside of going to work on the other side of town, I don't have anywhere to go.

Now, it's off to bed with that book I mentioned a couple of days ago. And since you asked, Jeanne, I'm reading Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult
. Friends at work introduced me to this author. Previously, I read Perfect Match and most recently, Harvesting the Heart. Her stories are compelling and thought provoking, leaving one with something to think about after one has read the last page. Up until I started working at the newspaper 11 years ago, I was an incessant book reader. When I worked at the paper, I gave up books for magazines, finding that shorter articles worked better with my hectic (or was it frantic?) lifestyle. Recently, I discovered that I have the time and attention span to read "whole" books again. I'm glad.

With that little bit of information, I'll bid you goodnight. I hope yours
was a great day and tomorrow is, too. Thanks for stopping! Later ...

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow this is gorgeous!

Jeanne said...

Laurel took my word! I was gonna say gorgeous too! How about fantastic? Fabulous? I've got to think of more adjectives to show my appreciation of your creative efforts! How about all the ones above?

Thanks for sharing what you are reading...sometimes I think I should branch out a bit in my reading subject matter. It helps to hear what others are reading.

Please stay safe with your weather being so goofy.

Sylvia said...

Great card! It puts some color in the drab weather outside.

Mary said...

Wow - this is very pretty!