Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mojo Monday on Thursday

Hi! How's everyone doing on Thursday - the day before TGIF? Marv went to a hockey game this evening. "Do you mind if I go?" he asked. Silly question. The idea of a couple hours of quietude was quite appealing this evening.

My card is my take on the Mojo Monday sketch, which I finally got around to this evening. There's nothing much to explain. While the right ribbon would have been a nice touch, I opted to use a paper band.The heart was punched and "Stickled" to make it sparkle.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Cocoa, Blush, and Tulip cardstock; Amore paper packet; Tulip and Cocoa ink pads; Heidi Swapp Love stamp and CTMH Solo "Y" stamp set; Spring Blossom Mini-Medley Accents Collection; 1/2-inch circle, heart, and Stampin' Up Horizontal Slot punches; Christmas Red Stickles; Sponge dauber; Sanding block.

I'm tired tonight and think I may have fried my brain today creating links for documents, none of which were in English but rather German, French, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Japanese, Korean, and simplified and traditional Chinese. It was quite an adventure.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. How about you? Bjorn and Mathias are spending the night with us tomorrow night, so we'll be kicking off Valentine's Day with lots of love. As for Saturday night, we're going to a 60th birthday party for one of Marv's cousins - not exactly romantic but fun, I'm sure, nonetheless. My stamp club meets on Sunday evening, so there's some prep work to be done. I'm excited about having them make Origami boxes. For tonight, I'm going to go clean up my corner, so I can mess it up again tomorrow night. I'll catch you then. In the meanwhile, enjoy Friday and take care!

4 comments:

Alanna said...

Absolutely perfect. And I can't get enought of that Amore paper.

Jeanne said...

Wow! Such a lovely card! That paper is really, really pretty and I can see why you like it so much.

Hope you enjoyed your quietude (great word) and have a less tired inducing day today.

Yep, the brakes are fixed...they just hadn't called me because they were so busy.

Laurel said...

Very nice!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is o beautiful! I love the papers and the fabulous image.