Friday, February 27, 2009

Simple Saturday

Here's a quick card to kick off the weekend. The polka dots were stamped with White Daisy pigment ink using Papertrey Ink's Polka Dots Basics set. The flowers and sentiment stamps are from PTI's Floral Frenzy set.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy Textured cardstock; Black and Tulip cardstock; White Daisy pigment, Black, and Tulip ink pads; Papertrey Ink Floral Frenzy and Polka Dot Basics stamp sets; Buttons from my stash; White crochet cotton.

Well, this day is certainly flying right by. The boys were here until around 11 a.m. They came in to wake me up this morning, both planting the sweetest little kisses on my cheek. Mathias makes the same declaration every morning that he's here and has since he learned to talk, "Gamma, the sun is up!" It doesn't matter if it's cloudy, so long as it's light outside. I love it, and it probably goes with out saying that I love those little boys.

Since they left, I've been finishing up the basket I made for the benefit I mentioned in a previous post. It's an Easter Cardmaking Kit that includes the Eastertime stamp set, three stamp pads, a paper sampler(18 sheets of B&T paper and cardstock cut into 6x6-inch squares), card bases and A2 envelopes, a tape runner, acrylic block, a package of pop dots, a spool of ribbon, a little tin of miscellaneous embellishments, and of course, a sample card. I packaged all of the paper in cellophane envelopes and had to make a quick trip to Wal-Mart for a basket and a few additional things that are in it. Wal-Mart didn't have paper shreds in a suitable color, so I ended up some icky Easter "grass" that I had to fight with to get it to look decent. Then, I fought some more with a roll of cellophane. I added a tag that lists the contents. I hope it looks OK and brings in a few bucks for a worthy cause tomorrow.

That done, I believe that what's left of the day is mine. I finished Jodi Picoult's Vanishing Acts the other night, so I picked up another book to read, the much talked about The Shack by Wm. Paul Young. I'll save the book for bedtime though and hopefully, come up with a another card or two to show you yet today. I hope you're having a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Your Mathias wake up sunrise story brought tears to my eyes. Aren't the precious!
Pretty card!!

Thanks Friend! :)

Laurel said...

Great card! I can relate to the little boys I am an early riser and I love my mornings!

Jeanne said...

The card, the basket and most of all the sweet, sweet story are all terrific! Love your "simple" cards. You can pack quite a punch with them!