Saturday, March 14, 2009

And It's Not Even Halloween ...

And I stamped with orange ... for the second time this week no less. I made this card using the March Stamp of the Month, Butterfly Wings, and the baby wipe technique. The ink colors I used were Holiday Red, Orange, and Sunny Yellow. Once my background paper was stamped, I went around the edge with a round sponge and ink from the baby wipe. I speckled it, too, with ink from my homemade 'pad.' As you can see I kept the rest of it simple. Piercing across the bottom of the sentiment and around the scalloped circle were my only embellishments. Cheap. LOL. Seriously, I tried to think of something to add that one would actually be able to see and didn't come up with anything. The butterfly above the sentiment was attached to the card with foam mounting tape.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Orange cardstock; Orange, Holiday Red, and Yellow ink pads; Butterfly Wings March Stamp of the Month stamp set; Speckled Backgrounds stamp (retired); Piercing tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide & Mat; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set; Round sponge; 3M foam mounting tape.

I've been cleaning all day, as in clearing clutter in my corner. What I got done was sort through the two 7-foot bookcases that hold my paper and a host of other things. I took inventory, filled a garbage bag, and put stuff back on the shelves in a semblance of order. When you've had the same hobby for a lot of years, one accumulates a lot of stuff, some of which one doesn't use anymore. A good example is the box of stencils I came across - scrapbook page stencils, letter stencils, stencils that create die cuts, etc. Their usefulness, for the most part, has been replaced by the Cricut. Nevertheless, I couldn't convince myself to throw them away. Sigh.

It's a beautiful day. Sunny. No wind. Currently 33°. My mother-in-law is taking Marv and me out for dinner this evening, so I suppose I'd better go put my face on as not to frighten anyone.

Our crazy youngest son just called a few minutes ago. He'd played in a softball tournament in Grand Forks today. It's warm but not that warm, and the ground is covered with snow. I think Cameron flew to Fargo with a friend. When it comes to small planes, I'd prefer I not know where they're going until they've been there and are home again. "Mother, you know they're safer than cars ..." Yes, I know, but that doesn't keep me from worrying. Seems like I've been singing the same song to my kids for a lot of years!!

No, gotta go! I hope you are having a wonderful day. Catch ya later ...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This card is so bright and cheerful! Thats a lot of butterflies. Love it.

mE said...

This is beautiful!! I love the variegated butterflies. I think that the colors you used blended nicely and look fantastic, even prettier than the example on the baby wipe tutorial! :)

Anonymous said...

Kathi,

Your cards are always beautiful!
But I have to ask what the baby wipe technique is? Thanks, Karen