Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Grateful ...

Darn. After all of the accolades my last card received, I almost didn't want to post tonight but rather bask in the glory for a day to two. LOL. Seriously, thank you.

As for my middle name, the first thought that popped into Jeanne's head was correct. It's Lynn. Kathleen Lynn. Try to say it fast 10 times. The name Mom liked, I've been told, was Kathy Lynn. The Kathleen thing was to give me a 'proper' name. She gave all seven of her children nice names despite my dad's not-so-hot suggestions. I changed Kathy to Kathi between 9th and 10th grade along with several friends whose names ended with Y. It worked for me because Kathy was my nickname. A couple of the others ran into some problems with Social Security/tax stuff because they'd tried to change their given names. A few years later, I realized that it had been kind of snotty to change the spelling of my name, and while I wanted to change it back, I was at the point in life when there would have been too many people to retrain, so I left it alone.

Now, about my card (finally, you say?). While it was inspired by this card on the Flourishes blog, it ended up quite different. I didn't have a big flower; The sentiment I chose didn't fit on a Nestabilities die, etc., and thus I kind of ended up winging it. The end result turned out OK.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Cocoa cardstock; Basic Grey Urban Prairie 6x6-inch paper pad; Cocoa ink pad; Wordsworth Men Collection and Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basic stamp sets; CTMH and Hero Arts paper flowers; Stampin' Up Build-a-Brad set; White Daisy and Sunflower Bigger Brads.

It was a busy day at work, and I bowled tonight - a couple of mediocre games and one good one - a 181! That's what four strikes in a row (an uncommon feat for me) will do. The storm passed, but it was still bitterly cold today. I believe it's supposed to start warming up tomorrow. Hope so! For now, I'd best get my butt to bed. I hope yours was a good day and that tomorrow is, too! I catch you again then ... Take care!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Very pretty and we share the same middle name, mine is Lyn!

Jeanne said...

I can't believe I was right in my initial thought about your middle name. LOL I should go with my gut more often, huh?

As for the card, I like it. It's a little teensy bit busy for my tastes, but it works together very well. I adore the sentiment and am glad you went with it.

Hope the weather warms up for you!

Sarah said...

I love the card it is pretty! What I like the most is the little bee in the corner. Was he already on the paper?