Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Inkspired ...

My card (and stamp purchase) was inspired by this card that I saw a while back on the No Time to Stamp? blog. The stamp set, from Inkadinkado, is called Delicate Branches. Sharon made a couple other great cards, too - including this one and this one - enough to send me on a stamp hunt! Although I love the stamps and her cards, I'm not so sure about this one. My green paper is brighter than the paper she used. I think I'd like to try the same card with something more subdued and save the bright (almost neon) green/black/white combo for stamps that are more whimsical. Am I making sense? About the card construction, it's relatively self explanatory. I used a small stamp from the Damask Tiles set for background on the top part of the card and a lined stamped from the Journaling Jots set for the stripes on the bottom piece.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Citrus Leaf, and Black cardstock; Black and Citrus Leaf ink pads; Inkadinkado Delicate Branches, Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages, and CTMH Damask Tiles and Journaling Jots stamp sets; Ribbon from Walmart; Black mini brads.

After a little spring tease, Mother Nature is up to no good in my neck of the woods these days. There are threats of serious floods in communities not too far from here, and if ice jams on the rivers and a significant amount of rain weren't enough, she's now taken it upon herself to add a foot or so of snow to the mix. It's cold again and blowing, and with ice under the snow, driving conditions are treacherous. Icky, albeit typical, Minnesota. Also typical is the fact that Marv saw a robin today - a poor little bird who came north too early! Besides the not-so-nice weather, it was an OK day. That said, I'm off to see what I can come up with in my corner. Enjoy the evening! Later ...

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

Neat card. I have been thinking of doing black on white but just haven't gotten it all put together yet.

Laurel said...

Lovely, I love that stamp set too!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card. I see what you mean about the brightness of the green..but I think it works!
The weather is totally whacko..I am glad we are just far enough south of you that we got rain not snow! Our Robins' are feasting on worms here. I even saw a very brave Crocus flowering in the back yard!

Anonymous said...

Kathi,

It's a beautiful card! I love the composition - and agree that those stamps are just inspiring.

Sharli

Stampin n da Hood said...

I DO like this one...
hey get right on the "try another" green before I copy it, k?!

Jeanne said...

I do like the card, although I must admit to "seeing" the green before the image. I'll bet you can find a happy, gorgeous "medium" that will set your soul to singing!

Mother Nature is expected to dump a load of snow on us today and tomorrow...if the forecasters are to be believed...they say it will be the most snow we've seen all season...but that might not be saying much seeing as we've not gotten much snow at all. LOL

Stay safe and warm. Tickled to hear (in a sad way) that you got to wear your hat and it kept you warm.

Carolyn said...

This is a Pretty card!! LOL... YoU are a hoot! Yeah dinner would be nice. :)