Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oh, Where or Where ...

... Did My Mojo Go? No, this isn't a terrible card. It's just the fact that it took way more effort than it should have, and it isn't at all what I started out to do. I colored the flowers with markers, coloring the blossoms first with Watermelon and then going around the edges with Holiday Red. The results, in person, are quite pretty. Highlighting the centers of each flower is a tiny dab of Diamond Stickles - just enough sparkle to add a hint of interest. When it came to words, I didn't know what to do until I remembered the small words in CTMH's Inspiration stamp set. They were the answer to my dilemma.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Cocoa cardstock; Basic Grey Sultry 6x6-inch paper pad; Black and Cocoa ink pads; Watermelon, Holiday Red, and Olive markers; Whipper Snapper Designs Blossoms & Butterflies and Close To My Heart Inspire stamp sets; Kaiser Krafts Snow White pearls; Diamond Stickles; Fiskars Sunburst border punch.

I don't have much to say about my day. It was pretty ordinary. The weather is warming up a bit if you call 20 degrees warm. LOL. I have a night off from bowling tomorrow. The little boys will be here, and we're contemplating going to a hockey game. I think I made my feelings about hockey clear around this time last year. However, Marv wants to go, and there's a good chance the little guys would enjoy it. It won't hurt me (too much, anyway) to be a 'sport.' We'll see. For tonight, I'm going to straighten up my corner and hit the day. I hope yours was a wonderful day, and as always, I appreciate your having stopped by. Later ...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Sometimes inspiration hits me and beats me up until I give in...other times I find it so illusive that I am working for hours on nothing!
Your card is beautiful as always..

Jeanne said...

Those flowers sure look pretty! Don't you hate it when you want it to go smoothly and it doesn't? Happens to me more often than I'd like!

Great card, so well worth the effort it took to create it!

Enjoy your boys tomorrow...even if you have to go to a dreaded hockey game. LOL

Jeanne said...

Ooops...I guess that would be today...since you posted this last night! LOL

Sylvia said...

Nice card. I keep forgetting about the border punches.