Saturday, April 25, 2009

Live Fast ...

... and Stay Pretty. I'm not sure about that sentiment. I live fast, because I don't have a choice. As for staying pretty, that's easier said than done. LOL. I think my shopping adventure put me in "a mood." I'll expound later.

I made this card with stuff that was out on my desk, using the same sketch I used on my last card. I was a holdout when it came to the Daydream paper, and as usual, it turns out I love it.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Black cardstock; Daydream paper packet; Black ink pad; Be Yourself May Stamp of the Month set; Hero Arts paper flower; White Bigger Brads; Black mini brads; 1-13/16 inch circle punch.

Now about the shopping ... It was a quick trip and would have been quicker had Mr. Marv had anything to say about it. At the mall, I parked him on a bench like I said I would and then answered my phone every five minutes with regard to my progress. After I finished at the mall (taking in a whopping two stores), he thought I was done and that it was time to eat. No, I told him, I wanted to go to Gordman's, Old Navy, and Michael's. "What do you want to go there for?" he asked. After grumbling a bit, he accommodated me, trailing behind me while I was in Gordman's and Old Navy and waiting in the car (thank heaven!) while I looked around Michael's.

I managed to replenish my wardrobe somewhat with three pair of capris, four tops, two jacket-type shirts, and three T-shirts. I could write volumes about the current styles. Not too many years ago, it was hard to find something long enough to cover one's midriff. Now, all of the tops look like crap I wore when I was pregnant. As for the colors and prints, either a person looks like an Easter egg or like someone draped in curtain fabric from the 50s. I bought an armload of clothes for kids, too. Much easier.

Michael's was a big disappointment. The one in Grand Forks carries no patterned paper to speak of, nothing in acrylic stamps, and is discontinuing its Cricut and Cuttlebug product lines. I walked out of there with an EK Success border punch that was 40 percent off. Husband was impressed that I'd spent so little, although he couldn't figure out what took me so darned long. LOL.

After we ate, he hit Cabela's (his kind of store) on our way out of town. While he was at Cabela's, I stopped in at a new-to-me quilt shop across the street. Discovering that store was like finding a precious jewel, as I find myself longing to sew again. I think my redecorated den will accommodate my sewing machine, and I'm excited by the prospect.

If you got this far, thanks for listening to my jabber. It really was a pretty good day. I hope yours has been as well. Enjoy the evening! Later ...

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Great card....it's like watching those little flip the page cartoon thingys! I find myself going back to this PP so often.
Your shopping trip sounds like it was fruitful....You can't get my hubby within a mile of a mall LOL.

Laurel said...

Love it!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

This is a good card - well, a great card, I'm just not much of a fan of the stamp set! You've done amazing things with it!

I agree with your assessment about clothing styles. I, too, think a lot of the fashions look like the maternity clothes I wore when I was pregnant with my 24 year old DD. And I certainly DO NOT want to look like I'm pregnant again, thank you very much! LOL

I enjoy your blog so much, thank you.

Jeanne said...

Not so sure about that sentiment, but the card is great! Those colors are so fun!

Okay...didn't you say he was chomping at the bit to GO to the mall, then he was giving you grief because he wanted to be DONE at the mall? LOL Oh...methinks his whole plan was that trip to Cabela's.

You've just expressed why I don't shop for clothes anymore. I have no patience for the styles that are around today. I end up completely depressed because it's ugly or it doesn't look good on me. (I'm happy for you that you found success with it) I'd much rather spend my time in craft stores. Sorry that Michaels was a disappointment, though!!!

Carolyn said...

LOL... That was funny. Love the card too! giggle

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is gorgeous. Glad you had fun shopping for clothes.

bunkobeth said...

OMG - I almost spewed my drink onto my computer screen. I'm still giggling about Easter egg or 50's drapery clothing!
You hit the nail on the head!

Betsy Lewis Gully said...

I wasn't a fan of this stamp set but you've done such cute things with it. Since my daughter is a fan, I will now have to have it. Thanks once again for your inspiration!