Saturday, April 18, 2009

Simple Saturday

Meet Alexander & Ivan. Aren't they just the cutest little guys? There's nothing I love more than little boys with flower offerings whether it's dandelions, wild clover, or some other weed. Every time Mathias comes into the apartment building these days, he brings me a rock from the landscaping. I've overheard both Grandpa and Daddy tell him to leave the rock outside. "No," Mathias argues. "Gamma likes rocks." I have quite a collection lined up on a ledge in the kitchen. They turn up in other locations, too, such as in my bed. Today, there was a rock in an egg carton in the refrigerator. That must have been intended as a special surprise!

Not much to say about the card other than I love the stamp and color combination I used.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Moonstruck, and Clover Meadow cardstock; Black and Moonstruck ink pads; Whipper Snapper Designs Alexander & Ivan and CTMH Say it in Style and Spot On Backgrounds stamp sets; Making Memories mini brads; Prismacolor colored pencils; Gamsol Odorless Mineral Spirits; Blending stumps; Black My Legacy Writer.

After doing as I pleased for a day, I have to tow the line today. In addition to regular stuff like laundry, I should do some spring cleaning. My kitchen cupboards and drawers are scary as is the utility closet in the kitchen. I think I've mentioned before that my well-intentioned husband puts things where they fit and not necessarily where they belong. Maybe I'll post some diagrams on the doors to help him in the future. LOL. It wouldn't do any good. Because I always get a little tense when I'm cleaning up after him, I'll probably take refuge in my corner periodically to relieve myself of the frustration. In other words, you probably haven't seen the last of me today. For now, thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day whatever you're doing!

3 comments:

Terrie Dodd said...

Kathi, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card. So cute and those little guys are adorable! I so look forward to checking out your site throughout the day....Thank you!

Jeanne said...

You are on a roll, kiddo! I can see why you love this image. There's Bjorn and Mathias right there! Love the color combo and the coloring and well...everything! Great work!

Good luck with the cleaning today...take lots of breaks okay? You are on a roll you know...

Sarah said...

They are SO cute.
I am cracking UP at the rock in the egg carton in the fridge. My kiddos love to collect, and gift, sticks!