Friday, May 8, 2009

Endless Friendship

With the miniature males here this morning, I didn't think there would be time for stamping. That was until Bjorn said, "Go make a card, Grandma. I need your computer." Good grief. He isn't even 5-1/2 yet. Watching him manipulate a mouse and the space bar and arrow keys is amazing. Now, if we can apply those fine motor skills to writing and the hand/eye coordination to catching a ball, we'll have a well-rounded kid. LOL. Seriously, he does fine with both of those things. They just don't hold the same passion as the computer. Daddy says he'll be programming by the time he's 10. We'll see.

With time on my hands, I didn't make one but three simple cards with CTMH's new Endless Friendship stamp set. I really love this set. It has endless possibilities and a timeless quality about it. For this first card, I used a color palette similar to the new Bella paper packet.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Olive cardstock; Olive, Honey, Petal, Chocolate, and Bamboo stamp pads; Endless Friendship stamp set; Kaiser Kraft pearl accents; Corner rounder; Sponge dauber.

I decided to brighten things up for my second card. To create the background on the random stamped green piece, I used sheet rock tape and a stipple brush. It's a fun technique. To add a little dimension to my card, I stamped, cut out, and attached the middle flower with foam mounting tape.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Topiary cardstock; Topiary, Bubblegum, and Sunny Yellow ink pads; Endless Friendship and Boutique Borders stamp sets; Sheet rock tape; Stipple brush; Foam mounting tape.

I used the Autumn color palette for my last card. I love Pansy Purple. As for the flower stamped over the sentiment, it wasn't my original intention but rather my way of covering up a smudge. Lucky for me, it turned out to be a happy accident.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Pansy Purple cardstock; Pansy Purple, Sunflower, Garden Green, and Bamboo ink pads; Endless Friendship and Make it Count stamp sets; Ribbon from my stash; Kaiser Kraft pearl accents; Sponge dauber; Stampin' Up Horizontal Slot punch.

Grandpa ended up taking Bjorn to school, as Bjorn couldn't handle the break in "routine." He did tell me I could come get him though, so we'll do it that way. This afternoon, I'm looking forward to some one-on-one time with Mathias. He's such a little clown and so much fun to talk to. A four-year-old's perspective on life is so sweet and simple. Looking at the world through his eyes, I have a much clearer view of what's important. With that, I'll leave you with the hope that you're having a wonderful day, too! Later...

6 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Your cards are beautiful! And aren't kiddos just precious?!?

Alanna said...

These are all so gorgeous. You amaze me that you got these done while having two little ones in tow.

Sarah said...

I am totally kicking myself I didn't get this set! Your cards are super wonderful. The colors on the first one are wonderful. I thought it was the Bella paper at first. Stamping the flower over the sentiment was a great idea and it looks really good.
I am glad you enjoyed the Mayflower joke...trust me even when he told me I didn't get it at first!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wonderful cards, all of them!!! I like the stipple brush - drywall tape (?) method - what a beautiful effect!

I love hearing about the boys, too. What precious memories!

Jeanne said...

Wow, Kathi! These are gorgeous. I love all the different color combos and the use of the drywall tape is inspiring.

Gotta love kiddos, huh? I'm glad you get to have all this wonderful time with them. That's the one thing not so great about living far from family...my dad doesn't get enough time like this...

Carolyn said...

Beautful cards Kathi! I love the Ecclesiastes card/verse.
Hugs!