Friday, May 15, 2009

I'm Such a Loser ...

... at Cootie, that is! I got my revenge though. After losing by four legs to Mr. Mathias, I tricked the little Munchkin by telling him in my perkiest voice, "The winner gets to pick up the game!" He fell for it, going so far as to thank me and then scrambling to put everything in the box. I may not be lucky, but I can still outfox a four-year-old ... most of the time.

Initially, I was going to use "One of a Kind III" for my title but after three cards, find myself becoming weary of the phrase. LOL. Seriously, what do you think of this one? My thoughts are, "I'm almost there." This one seems a little bottom heavy to me. Anyway, this is basically the same sketch as the last card turned on its side and with an oval instead of a circle. The polka dot flower is one I stamped a while back with a stamp from my Spot on Backgrounds set.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Cranberry, and Black cardstock; Black ink pad; Flower stamp from Tickled Pink promotion; Be Yourself May SOTM, Spot on Backgrounds, and Boutique Borders stamp sets; Big Pinks and Hero Arts paper flowers; Black Bigger Brads; Martha Stewart Arched Lattice Edger punch; Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots embossing folder and Nestabilities Classic Ovals set; 3M foam mounting tape.

It turned out that going out for supper interfered with Bjorn's plans (a television program), so Grandpa went and got them and brought tacos home to eat. We confiscated the children for the night, because after a grueling day at work, their daddy needed a break. I'm hoping he went out to socialize a bit. Funny how this is working out. Fifteen years ago, I thought he was way too social, and we butted heads at every turn. Now, I occasionally find myself pushing him out the door to go do something. Anyway, with little ones here, I can't clean, so I'll just have to stamp until it's time to go to bed. It just breaks my heart ... My wish for you is a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

I love the bright red flower! Great card.

Jeanne said...

Kathi, you are indeed clever in how you got you munchkin to clean up the game! Too bad my kiddos are too "old" to fall for that one. LOL

I think you card looks fantastic with all the red, white and black. I wonder how it would look if you moved the main image up just a tad? Or maybe add some black brads in a top corner? Or maybe some red brads curved around the top right part of the oval? I dunno, just thinking out loud...

Darn...you couldn't clean...guess you had to soothe yourself by creating, huh? LOL Have a good one...hopefully one without snow!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Kathi,

I LOVE that you play games with the boys - - - my Mom did that for my DD and it brought them SO close together. I have so many good memories of them together. I think Mom might have used the "winner cleans up" trick also! Very smart!

These One of a kind cards are nice! I like the flower behind the silhouette. You reminded me that I can use the background stamps to pretty up my "plain white flowers" - I forget to do that - but look how fabulous the polka-dotted flower is on this card!

Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

I love this girl in the flower thing. I will have to try it!
I love the color combo too! Wonderful.