Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Autumn Wreath

Another card made with a new set from Flourishes, "Seasonal Wreaths." Such pretty images, but what was I thinking? All of the beautiful samples I saw were again colored with Copic markers. I kinda want 'em but probably won't get 'em 'til my ship comes in - an event I can dream about but probably won't happen. LOL.

Luckily, for this first image anyway, I was able to pull off a decent coloring job with CTMH's water-base markers. I think my success had something to do with the fact that the details of the image are small/fine. I'm relatively happy with the results.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Goldrush, and Pansy Purple cardstock; Enchanted paper packet; Black, Pansy Purple, and Bamboo ink pads; Sunflower, Goldrush, Garden Green, Brown Bag, and Petal markers; Flourishes Autumn Wreaths stamp set; Fiskars Apron Lace border punch; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Circles set; Piercing Tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide and Mat; Sanding block, Sponge dauber; 3M foam mounting tape.

It's taking me a while to get back into a normal routine. Last night, I got caught up in clearing out the clutter, a project that will most likely take as long as the wedding preparations took. Tonight, I bowled and perhaps stayed at the bowling alley a bit too long ... unwinding. What I wasn't doing was celebrating my athletic prowess. I bowled badly. Lucky for me, my teammates picked up the slack, and we took all four points. Time for some practice, I guess.

Before bed, I'm trying to decide if I should attempt to catch up with the newlyweds. Dustin left me a voicemail at 1:38 this afternoon to report that they were about 15 miles from the Mackinac Bridge. I see he called our land line at 5:55 this evening. Evidently, they made it to their destination. I hope they're having fun and think I'll leave them alone for tonight. Oops. The phone is ringing as I write. It's Dusty, and he's talking to his dad. I had my turn, too. They're having fun. Michigan, they say, is beautiful. I'm glad they took the time to get away for a few days. Now that I've said goodnight to my kids, I'll bid you goodnight as well. I hope your week is going great. Thanks for stopping by! Later...

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh so very pretty, Kathi! You did a great job with your markers. I don't think I will ever own any Copics either, and I love that you share how you can achieve a lovely look without them.

I'll bet it's gonna take you a bit to get back into your "normal" routine. Give yourself time to re-acclimate yourself. And try not to burn yourself out on the the decluttering. *Ü* It sure feels good though, doesn't it?

Thanks for sharing this beauty of a card!

Sylvia said...

Great card! I am going to see if I can come close with the stamps I have on hand. It is a little on the cool side yet this morning but absolutley gorgeous out. Dusty and Miranda are having some great weather on Mackinac Island.

Barb said...

Your card is beauiful, Kathi! And I agree with Jeanne, you've done a wonderful job with the markers...something I have yet to master. Very very pretty!

Deborah Young said...

That is so cool that he called as you were writing about him! A mama knows her boy.....
This card is very pretty. I really love wreath images, and this one is so nice. Your coloring is wonderful! Stay away from the Copics! I am going to resist as long as I can. We can do it!!!!

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous Kathi. I too would like to own some copics but alas, my ship isn't coming anytime soon either.

In any event, you colored it brilliantly.