Saturday, September 5, 2009

Simple Saturday

I've got a couple of cards today made with CTMH's September Stamp of the Month set, "Treasures." I've seen so many gorgeous cards made with this set and thought it to be high time I inked it up.

For this first one, I embossed the flower, stem, and seeds using VersaMark and white embossing flower on Heavenly Blue cardstock. To give my embossed images a bit more definition, I used a round sponge to rub on some Crystal Blue ink. Easy. The card size is 5-1/2 by 5-1/2.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Heavenly Blue, and Moonstruck cardstock; Moonstruck and VersaMark ink pads; Treasures September Stamp of the Month set; Acrylic disks from Michael's; Corner rounder; Round sponge.

Simple white and black with a touch of red are the hallmarks of this second card, and I couldn't love it more. A pierced border across the bottom seemed to be all it needed.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Black cardstock; Black ink pad; Treasures September Stamp of the Month set; Ribbon from Wal-Mart; Piercing tool; Stampin' Up Piercing Guide & Mat.

How are you doing today? We had a fun morning with the boys, playing games and just hanging out. The rest of the day has been a hodgepodge of miscellaneous projects. Whatever I do tonight, I'm going to be sitting on my backside with my feet up while doing it. Maybe I'll have to drag an ottoman into my corner. LOL. What are you up to this weekend? Whatever it is, I hope you are enjoying yourself. Like always, thanks for stopping by! Later...

12 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Absolutely LOVE the b&w card - it is beautiful! Definitely need to stamp-lift that one. :)

Laurel said...

I so love your cards and that stamp set!

Sarah said...

Well you certainly made 2 stunning cards with this set! I LOVE them both.
That black and white one is just perfect though....may have to copy that one...!
Have a wonderful evening Kathi, with your feet up!

mE said...

Kathi -

I LOVE these two cards! You've totally inspired me to haul outta my sick bed and try to craft something. I like the pounced color around the embossed white flowerpuff.... It really does help the image pop and gives it nice definition.

:)

E.

Jeanne said...

Wow! You've done an excellent job showcasing this stamp set with these cards and given me some ideas for using my "substitute" set. I really like the light and airy feel of the first one, but the pop of the second one blows me away.

Sounds like a lovely weekend you are having. Hope you propped your feet up and enjoyed the rest of the evening.

Leslie said...

Kathi, these are so pretty. love the little bit of color on the second one. so elegant looking. I would not have thought to use the two different colors of blue. Now I know it can be done, I'll be doing it for sure.
Hope your weekend is great.

Alanna said...

Both of these are SO gorgeous Kathi. I am loving them both so much. You rocked this stamp set.

I hope that your night with your feet up went well.

Deborah Young said...

These are gorgeous! I love how you sponged on the extra ink on the first one. And the second one - perfection that I will lift!

I spent most of the day with my mom, taking her to lunch, grocery shopping with her (an adventure in itself)....and now getting ready to watch my beloved DODGERS! wooHOO!!!

Carolyn said...

Pretty!! Love the embossing. Really pops!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, these are absolutely stunning!!! I'm soooo jealous! I don't have that stamp set yet!

Unknown said...

Your art is awesome & inspiring! Each card is just gorgeous. Simple is great + elegant. I must get brave and try embossing more often. :)

Jena said...

I've enjoyed your blog once again today and these cards are probably my favorite - love the simplicity yet they're beautiful - TFS!