Monday, November 30, 2009

More Challenge Cards

JustRite Merry Little Christmas_Nov 2009

This first card is my take on Weekend Sketch Challenge #108 as posted on the fresh & fun blog. I struggled a bit with this sketch and am not head over heals in love with the resulting card. 

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Moonstruck cardstock; Retired CTMH Winter Classic B&T paper; Moonstruck ink pad; JustRite Merry Little Christmas Borders & Centers stamp set; Stampin’ Up Whisper White Taffeta ribbon; Sparkles;1 and 1-1/4 inch circle punches; 2-inch scallop punch; Sponge dauber; 3M foam mounting tape.

Ducks in a Row_Nov 2009

This next card is my rendition of Mercy’s Tuesday Sketch Challenge #49 on the Lord Have Mercy! blog.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Topiary, and Tulip cardstock; Animal Cookies paper packet; Black, Dutch Blue, Topiary, and Twilight ink pads; Sunflower marker; Whipper Snapper Designs Ducks in a Row stamp and Hero Arts Thinking of You stamp set; Ribbon from Wal-Mart; Topiary, Sunflower, and Tulip mini brads; Black My Legacy Writer; Dove blending pen; Fiskars Apron Lace border punch.

Say it in Style_Dec 2009  This last sketch is Limelight Papercrafts Sketch 35, which included a challenge to use patterned paper. I missed the official “cut-off” for this card but had fun making it anyway.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Barn Red, Cocoa, Bamboo textured, and Desert Sand textured cardstock; Grace paper packet; Cocoa and Desert Sand ink pads; Say it in Style stamp set; Ribbon from Michael’s; Corner rounder; Fiskars Sunburst border punch; Sponge dauber.

So many sketches and challenges. So little time. LOL. With that, I’m off to my corner to see if I can crank out a little something to have to show you tomorrow.

Oh, and I made my goal of not putting on a winter coat or jacket until December 1. Barely. Beginning tonight, it’s supposed to start cooling off significantly and snow off and on for the rest of the week. That’s OK. Maybe with a little snow on the ground, I’ll be able to wrap my mind around Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by. Your kind comments and encouragement are so appreciated!!

7 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great bunch of cards. I love your anniversary one.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Kathi,
Nice cards - the ducks are so cute, and the Grace papers are just yummy! I love how you've used the pattern to it's best advantage!

Snow, huh? Well, there are advantages, as you mentioned, it helps prepare us for Christmas!

(pretty hard to do with 80 degree weather and palm trees!)

Alanna said...

What a treat to come and see 3 cards of yours. I love those ducks and the simplicity of the third one really speaks to me. The punch and ribbon are just perfect.

Sarah said...

WOW, great cards Kathi. I LOVE that JustRite set in the first one. The ducks are too darling. And the patterned paper looks wonderful in your last one.
It was actually below freezing here this morning!!! but we soon warmed up to the 40s...very mild so far...great for the heating bills though!

Jeanne said...

Lovely cards, Kathi! While all are pretty in their own way, the one with the ducks really appeals to my cuteness meter. *Ü*

We've been pretty warm for this time of year, although I have had occasion to wear my big coat already. The snow we had a few weeks ago is still hanging around on some parts of lawns, which is really odd, I think. Our deck still has some snow on it!

Have a great day!

Laurel said...

Wow what a great mix of cards! Love them!

Carolyn said...

These are all great!! I love the ducks. I ended up buying that stampset a while ago. Cute!!