Sunday, January 24, 2010

Heartlines and No Guilt!


Here’s another card using the same color scheme I showed you last night. The same silly little birds, too, who seem to have made their way out of the branches and onto to the clothesline. I colored this image with markers as well, and detailed some of the hearts with a white gel pen. I also used my blending pen and Juniper ink to add a little shading.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Holiday Red cardstock; Heavenly Blue Gingham paper(retired); Black, Holiday Red, and Juniper ink pads; Heavenly Blue, Sunflower, Brown Bag, Holiday Red, Bubblegum, and Watermelon markers; Impression Obsession Heartlines stamp set; Heavenly Blue Bigger Brads; White gel pen; Black My Legacy Writer; Dove blending pen. 


Hey, about the “blog guilt” thing, I didn’t mean to start anything. I wasn’t saying anyone (including me) should feel guilty – just that I do sometimes. And, it’s stupid. We do what we can do, and whatever that is, it’s enough.

We celebrated Bjorn’s birthday today. He turned six on the 13th. I’ve got a bit of a mess to clean up but not during the football game. I’m outa here for that. My stamp club meets tonight. Perfect timing.

Speaking of stamp club, I’ve got a few last minute preparations to take care of. I hope your weekend was wonderful. Later…

7 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card. Have a good class tonight!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Another darling card! I'll have to play with that color combo - you've really done so wonderful things with it! Enjoy your group tonight!!

6 years old already? Oh my.

Leslie said...

Kathi, I was just 'funnin'. I hope you didn't start something. I had to do soemthing to get my mind off this daggone bronchitis.
Love the little birdies and those clothespins, how cute.!

Sarah said...

You have stamp club on football night!!! Rut roh.
LOVE this card...darling!!! I love your shading too.
What did you 'start'..lol...you are right..the only person that can make you feel guilty is 'you'..I should know I am the expert.

Laurel said...

Such a cute card! I knew what you meant about blog guilt, I only do it to myself, but hey that's ok!

Jeanne said...

Absolutely adorable card. I have got to add this combo to my list of ones to try (when that room of mine gets cleaned out that is-lol) Your coloring and shadowing is perfect.

I hope you all had a wonderful celebration for Bjorn. Give him a very belated birthday hug from me.

And yay, about the no guilt!

I watched the game and was a bit bummed about how it ended, I'm sure "husband" wasn't too fun to be around. LOL Hope you had fun with your gals though!

Have an awesome week, my dear, sweet friend!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card Kathi! Oh and Keep an ear open, I heard BF may retire... AGAIN!