Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Last Hurrah

Welcome Home_Jan 2010

… for January 2010. It went fast, and while I’m not wishing my life away or anything, the fact that January is over means we are one month closer to spring!

Here’s my contribution to Unscripted Sketches #40. It will most likely be a card, too, for our next new tenant… whenever that is. Have I said I love these stamps? Probably so. I’ll say it again. They remind me of playing with paper dolls or cutting furniture out of outdated catalogs and compiling the “dream home” of an eight-year-old.

About the card details, I embossed the lamp base with gold embossing powder. The shade was stamped on Indian Corn Blue cardstock with same color ink, cut out, and attached to the card with foam tape. I made the pillows by stamping the sofa on Buttercup cardstock and cutting them out. I used a background stamp from the set to stamp a little detail with Buttercup ink. The sentiment was also attached to the card with foam tape. There’s no shortage of pattern on this one. LOL.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Buttercup, Garnet, and Indian Corn Blue cardstock; Sweet Home paper packet; Garnet, Indian Corn Blue, Buttercup, Bamboo and VersaMark stamp pads; Welcome Home stamp set; Garnet Bigger Brads; Gold embossing powder; Embossing heat tool; Sponge dauber; 3M foam mounting tape.

I had an awesome day. While I didn’t get everything done I wanted to do this weekend, I accomplished enough to feel OK about it tonight. And, I’m ready to tackle another workweek.

I hope your weekend was a good one and a great start for the first week of February. Thanks for stopping by, friends. I’ll catch you again tomorrow night. Later…

P.S. I updated my “Whole Lotta Love Sale” page. There are photos of the retired sets and links to photos of the sets that are current.

13 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love the card. Was thinking the same thing you were about January. It sure did go by fast.

Sparkplug17 said...

I wish for spring everyday, lol...your card is just lovely!

Maricar said...

This is darling, Kathi!
We had a winter blast come through here. This area that hasn't had more than a dusting since we moved here in 2007 was hit with over 7" of snow. I know you'll laugh, but the town shut down - with church services Saturday night cancelled as well! It's Monday now, and our teacher retreat was cancelled. I guess tomorrow it will be back to the real world. For now, though, I choose to stay secluded with paper and adhesive!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope all is well with you!

Linda said...

I love your card. I have all the stuff to make it. Thanks for the motivation to get it out and use it.

Jeanne said...

A nice, homey, comfortable card. Excellent work! January did fly by, didn't it?! Zoom, zoom!

Have a great week, my friend!

Laurel said...

Cute card and like you I am looking forward to spring, although we have had a pretty good winter, no complaints!

Barb said...

Your card is lovely...so warm and cozy. LOVE the colors you've used.

Liz said...

Great take on the sketch and wonderful color scheme
LIz
Unscripted DT

Carolyn said...

I love this card! I have that SS, maybe i should use it. :) Don't think i have the papers that match.... Love the lamp/shade!

Waiting on spring too!

Sarah said...

Wow Kathi..you ROCKED this sketch with that SS and those papers...awesome job.

Alanna said...

What a neat card. That stamp set is so cute. I'm glad to hear that things went so well for you today.

Kelly said...

Kathi, what a wonderful card! love that stamp set and it worked perfectly with the CTMH papers-

thanks for playing with US this week, it is a pleasure to see your work every week!

dstandard said...

What a fun stamp and cute card!