Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sometimes …

Treasures_2_Jan 2010

I inspire myself. LOL. In “the old days” before this blog, I would get a new stamp set and make a whole basket of cards using that one set. My CTMH friends/customers liked it, because it demonstrated the stamp set’s versatility. I find I don’t do that anymore, which is kind of a shame.

Anyhoo, you’ll note this card features the same sketch, same stamps, and same color scheme as last night’s card. Most of the differences are obvious.

I stamped the background with Martha Stewart’s Clear Pattern Stamps set. I’ve noticed that MS stamps need more “conditioning” than most – an indication that all stamp sets are not created equal. There are a couple of brands that I actually take sandpaper to in order to get them to hold ink. MS is one. Back to my story, regardless of the brand, I have a heck of a time getting the patterns on the smaller background stamps to line up. My problem. Nothin’ wrong with the stamps in that regard. LOL. This attempt turned out moderately well. For this card, I added some faux stitching (accomplished with a piecing tool and white gel pen) to the green strips. Nice touch.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Sweet Leaf, and Crystal Blue cardstock; Sweet Leaf and Crystal Blue ink pads; Close To My Heart Treasures and Thank You stamp sets; Martha Stewart Clear Pattern stamp set; Heavenly Blue mini brads; White Bitty Brads; Martha Stewart Butterfly punch; Piercing tool; Stampin’ Up Piercing Guide & Mat; White gel pen.

I’ve finished my “benefit” cards, too, but need to make matching envelopes and come up with some kind of attractive packaging for them. I’ll show you the completed ensemble later.

In the meanwhile, I need to go address today’s long “to do” list, which includes cleaning, shopping, and more. I may pay a slight amount of attention to the football game, too – the Vikings/Cowboys playoff game. Dustin and Miranda are at the game. He called around 11. They were already at the Metrodome, which he said was near empty. He was taking photos. Dusty has been to a lot of games, and up until the winning game he was at last year, the Vikings had lost every single game he had ever attended. It was like, “Oh, Dusty’s there. The Vikes are gonna lose.” His dad and others teased him about it. For his sake, I hope they win today. LOL.

If you’re still with me, thanks for stopping! I love each and every one of your comments. The encouragement means so much. Later …

7 comments:

Alanna said...

Kathi, this is simply beautiful. I love how you did the background and the focal image is so pretty and soft. Very nice.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a pretty card!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Kathi,
I LOVE this card!!! It's perfect - and I needed a good idea! I don't have that background, but I'll come up with a substitute (and try to be satisfied). Hugs!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful Card Kathi!! The Vikings Won! I wanted Dallas to win. Brett Who??? Ugh

Sarah said...

Beautiful Kathi!!! If I maybe had less 'stuff', it would force me to use thing more...I am so addicted that every time I see someone use something new/different..I HAVE to have it!!!! Maybe I just need to stop blog surfing.
I LOVE that you used the same LO and colors...and I love the touch that your faux stitching give the card..
Go Vikings..!

Jeanne said...

This is so very pretty! I "may" have that Martha stamp in my stash, but I'd have to look to be sure...(haven't gotten to the stamps yet in my big old clean up). Did you stamp it in one color and then add a line drawn with a pen (& a ruler) to get the two colors? That's what I'm thinking. Whatever you did, it looks fabulous!

Gamma said...

I can't decide which card I like better! I love them both so I won't chose! LOL You are inspiring me to pull this stamp set out and make a few cards myself. Thanks for the inspiration!