Thursday, February 25, 2010

Joy Forever

Butterfly Kiss_Feb 2010

My card this evening was inkspired by this beautiful card on the Sunshine, Smiles & Stamps = Lovin’ Life blog. What really caught my eye was the color. I realized a while back, I don’t do grey. It’s not because I don’t like it. There is plenty of it in my closet. I’ve just never used it much for papercrafting, and when I have, I don’t think I’ve been particularly happy with the results.

Using some pretty flocked paper from DCWV’s La Crème matstack, I’m happy tonight, however.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Grey Flannel, and Black cardstock; DCWV La Crème Matstack; Grey Wool and Black ink pads; CTMH Butterfly Kiss, Joy Forever, and Promise of Spring (retired) stamp sets; Stampin’ Up Whisper White taffeta ribbon; Martha Stewart Doily Lace Edger punch; Sponge dauber.

No confusion this evening. I can officially say tomorrow is Friday. Having logged overtime every day so far this week, I can leave early if my work is done. Woo hoo!

Tonight, I’m going to clean up my corner and then spend the rest of the evening relaxing.  I hope you’re doing the same or something equally enjoyable. Thank you so much for stopping by! Later …

4 comments:

Deborah Young said...

Hey, sweetheart! Looks like I've missed some beautiful artwork, hibisci (?) and jammie stories this week. Too much fun! This is so beautiful. I love grey and go through 'phases' using it. Now I am inspired to pull out my La Creme paper stack, which I too love. Now that I think about it, I believe I bought some embellies that coordinate....hmmmm.....

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous, Kathi! I'm glad you reached for the grey! *Ü*

Yay for you that you can leave a little early today if all goes well. I hope it does and you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous!

Sarah said...

YAY for Fridays....I love grey and what you have done with it here in this card....YUM!!!!
I spy another card of yours that caught my eye in your link within thing...gonna check it out..looks like I may have to lift it :0)
Enjoy your weekend.