Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happiness Is …

Happiness_Mar 2010

Thank heaven for fellow bloggers who share all of their great ideas! My little pocket card this evening was inspired by this awesome card on Aaron’s Booth #32 blog. And, not only did she share the idea but the template as well. Thank you, Aaron!

As I have yet to get my hot little hands on the April Stamp of the Month set, “Flower Pot,” that Aaron showcased, I opted to use another favorite, “Happiness.” I embossed my flower head with white embossing powder and then sponged it with Grey Flannel ink so the detail would show.

Happiness_2_Mar 2010

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Topiary cardstock; Doodlebug Design Black Eyelet paper; Black, Topiary, Sunflower, Grey Flannel, and VersaMark ink pads; Happiness stamp set; White embossing powder; Embossing heat tool; Piercing tool; Stampin’ Up Piercing Guide and Mat; Stampin’ Up Round Tab punch; 1-inch and 1/2-inch circle punches; Round sponge; Seed packet.

What’s everyone up to this week? The blogosphere seems kind of quiet. Spring fever perhaps? I think the thermometer may have hit 40 degrees here today. It’s been mild here all week with occasional rain. The snow is melting. Sunshine would be nice, too, although it isn’t forecast until next week. When I saw we switch to Daylight Savings Time again already on Sunday, I just about jumped for joy. Having an extra hour of daylight after getting home from work will be awesome. I tend to shut down once it is dark, which isn’t very conducive to getting anything done around the house in the evenings.

And, tomorrow is Friday. How sweet is that? While I’ve had a good week at work, I will be more than happy to spend a couple of days at home. With my current monitor’s pixels dying fast, we need to get the new computer up and running - “Big Bertha” printer, too … somewhere. LOL. For tonight, I’m going to go clean up my corner, so I can “start fresh” tomorrow night. Enjoy the evening! Later …

10 comments:

Deborah Young said...

Daylight savings time already? Good grief! Time flies.....
Love your card. You are such a talented lady. You truly are.

AaronB said...

Glad that you used the template-Love it with the shastas! And the embossed flower is awesome!
You are so welcome!

Laurel said...

Oh this is so perfect! The paper with that daisy - yum!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow, a great card with a surprise, too! How neat is that?! I'm glad it's Friday tomorrow, too. LONG week.

Hugs!

Sparkplug17 said...

Just lovely! It's been pouring buckets here...so I can't wait for some sun too. It seems everyone is sick around me, so I hope I don't get the cold thats been going around either. Have a fabbie weekend!

Alanna said...

Your flower is gorgeous Kathi. I'm glad you're looking forward to daylight savings time. The extra light will be nice at work but I'm bummed about losing an hour on Sunday.

Jeanne said...

Oh I love this, Kathi! I agree, Aaron is so sweet to share her template. And look at what you did with it! Wow! That flower is gorgeous and the colors wonderful. I love that sentiment, too! Absolutely lovely work.

I'm glad you had a good week and I hope you enjoy your weekend. Yay for daylight's savings time! Hope you find a good home for Big Bertha!

Carolyn said...

Pretty card!
I seen your printer at Office Max the other day. Very nice!! I would love to have one that will print
12x12 pages.
On my wish list!

Wendy K. said...

Daisies are my favorite so I love your version!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

That's awesome! A huge thanks goes to both Aaron and you for sharing! I'm going to a Saturday brunch this coming weekend with a group of my lady friends and I think this would be a wonderful little gifty to make for everyone... Thanks for the inspiration! Now just to find the time to make 8-10 of these puppies... lol