Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Tall Order

Felicty_Mar 2010

I think I shy away from these tall cards, because they are so darned hard to photograph. An artificial light situation didn’t help. Ok. That’s all the complaining you’ll hear from me this evening.

My card is my take on CPS #156 as featured on the Card Positioning Systems blog. If you take a peek at the sketch, you’ll note I turned it around a bit. The sentiment on the right with the bird facing the fold of the card didn’t look right.

About that bird, I made two. The first one fell on the floor, and I couldn’t for the life of me find it. The funny thing was the floor was clear with the exception of a couple small scraps of paper. Hmm… a disappearing bird that will eventually show up in some strange location. Oh, and the stamped bird was mounted on a piece of chipboard, which I attached to the card with foam tape.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Chocolate, Honey, and Autumn Terracotta cardstock; Felicity patterned paper and stamps; Chocolate, Honey, and Bamboo ink pads; Treasure Life stamp set; Ribbon from Wal-Mart; Sponge daubers; 3M foam mounting tape.

Family Ties_Mar 2010

Here are a couple more cards, which were inspired by this awesome card on the P[inks] blog. It’s based on a sketch challenge, too, but I don’t know which one and am too lazy to hunt for it. These were quick, easy, fun cards. The only challenge involved cutting out the babies with their stick arms and legs.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Heavenly Blue, Baby Pink, and Key Lime cardstock; Sweet Pea paper packet; Black, Heavenly Blue, Crystal Blue, Baby Pink, Blush, and Key Lime ink pads; Heavenly Blue and Baby Pink markers; Family Ties – Adults, Family Ties – Children, Sweet Baby, and Togetherness stamp sets; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Ovals set; 1 and 1-1/4 inch circle punches; 2-inch scalloped circle punch; Black My Legacy Writer; 3M foam mounting tape.

Tired and not feeling quite right, I took the afternoon off to come home and rest. After having done that, I’m perkier and getting ready to go bowling. When I get home, there will be a pair of little overnight guests waiting to play until bedtime. There is no better way to end the day.

I hope your day is going well. On a high note, the workweek is on the downslide. Only two days left. Take care, friends, and enjoy the evening. Talk to you again soon.

8 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such cute cards. Love the baby ones!

Carolyn said...

Tall card is very pretty! Love the Felicity papers.
Baby cards are too cute!! I love what you did with the babies. :) Never would have thought of THAT! I always liked that paper!
Have a great evening!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love all three, but the tall card is in my favorite colors! And the birdie is so pretty! I do wonder where those dropped pieces get off to - are they partying with the socks?

Hugs!

Alanna said...

Your tall bird card is just darling. I've got to use that stamp set. Your other 2 cards are also very precious. I like how you just colored the babies.

I hope you have fun bowling and then entertaining the boys.

Laurel said...

So fabulous Kathi! The second cards are so cute (btw they are last weeks sketch challenge).

Deborah Young said...

These are super! You know I loooove my birdies! And your photography is awesome....seriously?

p.s. Check the bottom of your shoe ;-)

Jeanne said...

Wonderful cards, Kathi! I agree that tall ones are hard to photograph, but you did wonderfully on yours, so you shouldn't shy away from them! And your baby cards are precious. Love the idea of cutting out the baby. That had to have taken some patience. LOL

Hope you bowled like a rockstar and enjoyed your boys last night!

Have a happy Thursday!
Hugs!

Sarah said...

LOVE the tall bird card! and the babies are too cute. I love those stamps but they are NOT easy to cut out.
I am SO glad I am not the only one who drops things on the floor to never find them again....I spend more time on my floor hunting for dropped stuff than I care to count!