Friday, April 9, 2010

Simple Saturday

Thank You_2_Apr 2010

This is a club card for our monthly get together on the 18th. I promised a couple of gals we would make crumpled paper flowers. The background was created using a stamp from the Noted Backgrounds set. I think the only thing we’ll do different for our club cards is attach the text piece to  our card bases right side up instead of upside down like my sample. I just noticed. Sheesh…

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Black, Holiday Red, and Clover Meadow cardstock; Black and Cranberry ink pads; Close To My Heart Noted Backgrounds and Thank You stamp sets; Button from my stash; Black/white mini check ribbon from Wal-Mart; 2-inch scalloped circle punch; Paper corrugator; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Labels Eight set.

Now that I have sat down, I don’t know if I will be able to get up again. Starting before 7 am, I have sorted, pitched, moved, scrubbed, vacuumed, and dusted more stuff today than I probably have in the past year. Something tells me I am going to sleep well tonight. But not before I have retreated to my corner for some much-deserved R&R.

I hope you are having a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

OH it is a yummy card! I love the text background, the crumpled flower and the leaves!

Deborah Young said...

It looks wonderful even if is upside down - tee hee! You are a trip!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Now that's a versatile stamp - right side up, upside down - looks great! LOL

I do love your flower! You've gotten the edges to curl really nicely!

Hugs!

Jeanne said...

Terrific card, Kathi! Upside down, right side up...no matter how you look at it, it's great! LOVE the flower!

Oh my, you've been a busy bee. I hope along with being pooped, you had a great sense of accomplishment after you were done!

Carolyn said...

Great card, pretty flower! Love the background!