Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bon Appétit

Bon Appetit_May 2010
Although “Enjoy your meal” is not my idea of a great sentiment for a card, the Bon Appétit stamp from the CTMH set of the same name is just so darned pretty, I had to use it for my take on Unscripted Sketches #55.
While the stamps I used are new (to me), much about this card takes me back to my beginning with Close To My Heart – 12 years ago this month. A four-piece, wood-mounted stamp set that included a bunch of grapes, raspberries, a leaf, and maybe a strawberry (?) were part of my kit. Solid stamps, I was amazed at what I could do with them, and that set remained a favorite for a very long time. My first ink and paper colors were New England Ivy and Smokey Plum, which are still part of CTMH’s awesome collection of colors.
Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Smokey Plum cardstock; Bella paper packet; Smokey Plum, Petal, New England, and Bamboo ink pads; Bon Appétit stamp set;  New England Ivy Bigger Brads; Sponge dauber; Edge Distressor tool; Sanding block; and 3M foam mounting tape.

The weather has been amazing these past few days with sunshine and temperatures in the mid to high 70s. With that, I do not know how I managed to catch the cold that is becoming more miserable with every hour. Crap. Sick is not on my agenda, and thus, I’m hoping the mega doses of Vitamin C I am taking work their magic. A good night’s sleep might help, too. Bed is where I’m headed.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Your encouraging comments keep me coming back. Have a terrific Thursday. I’ll be back …

8 comments:

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. I love the colors. And I totally remember that stamp set. I've been a consultant for about 5 years but been buying for about 9.

Sorry to hear that you are sick. Hopefully that Vitamin C and rest will do the kick.

Sylvia said...

Very pretty card.

I remember that stamp set and saw the new one in summer catalog but didn't think I would get enough use out of it.

We will be home on Friday and I can hardly wait to start stamping again.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh No! Not a cold, Kathi! Not when the weather is so gorgeous.

I love this card - and I remember those first stamps (and yes, I have this set too). Was it really 12 years ago??? Yikes! My first CTMH colors were Vineyard Berry and New England Ivy - very close! I do love Smokey Plum though. Well, I've loved 99% of the colors! LOL But the Autumn colors are my favorite ones.

Happy CTMH anniversary! Hugs and please feel better soon!

dictionar german said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeanne said...

Congratulations on your longevity with CTMH! That is truly impressive. Loved your little trip down memory lane. *Ü* Your card is beautiful!

What a huge bummer that you've got a cold. Let's hope this is the only one you'll get and you can enjoy the summer illness-free!

Hugs!

Leslie said...

The card is beautiful. One of my favorite stamp sets. I know what you mean about "enjoy your meal" it just sounds so much better in French. Hope some rest will give you back your get up and go.

Dawn said...

Kathi, I always love your creations, but this card is really gorgeous! I sure do appreciate your posts. Please take care and feel better before you know it! Congrats on that CTMH anniversary too!

bed frames said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.