Friday, May 28, 2010

Grateful

Treasure Life_May 2010

Here’s a card that was three days in the making. I stamped the background a couple days ago. It’s Hero Art’s Flowing Flowers and Leaves background stamp stamped with VersaMark ink on Sweet Leaf cardstock. I embossed it with clear embossing powder and then used a sponge to add some same color ink to give the design more definition. It is very pretty if you can imagine it without the glare of the embossing powder that the camera picked up. Not in much of a stamping mode yesterday, I finally figured out what to do with my pretty background today.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Sweet Leaf, and Black cardstock; Black, Sweet Leaf, and VersaMark ink pads; Clear embossing powder; Hero Arts Flowing Flowers and Leaves stamp; Close To My Heart Treasure Life and Intrinsic Backgrounds stamp sets; Black mini check ribbon from Wal-Mart; Embossing heat tool.

Happy Friday! I’m so happy for the weekend even though I spent even less time at work this week than I’d planned. Yesterday, I worked three hours and came home with some kind of funky ailment that put me in bed. I’m fine again today with the exception of some stiffness in my neck and shoulders. As planned, I took my half-day of vacation today. Bjorn’s program was this afternoon. What a difference a year has made with him singing every song, doing every action, and totally engaged in what he was doing. He was smiling a good part of the time, too, which I loved to see.

What does everyone have planned for the long weekend? Mom called last night to say she would be officially moving on Monday. On Sunday, there is going to a little going away party for her after church, so I will make one last pilgrimage “home.” I anticipate a few tears. There won’t be too many though, because Mom is still so excited about her new adventure, and I’m so happy for her.

For now, I’m to catch up on what’s happening in the blogosphere and then maybe ask husband if he wants to take me out for dinner – unless he feels like cooking, of course. LOL. I hope you’ve had a great week and are looking forward to the weekend, too. I’ll catch you again on Simple Saturday. Take care.

7 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is lovely. Have a wonderful dinner!

Leslie said...

As always, I think your card is great. I have just printed it off to take to my scrap room. Hope I can do your card justice with my copy. A wonderful long weekend. Hope it is great.

Laurel said...

Oh this is so pretty, love the embossing.

Marie said...

Beautiful! (And I love reading about the tidbits of your life as much as viewing your lovely creations : ) )

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. The embossing really adds to it. I hope you have a great weekend and that you get your dinner out.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

A beautiful card - it was worth 3 days!

I'm so glad the presentation was a success - it makes me feel like all is right in the world. I know you are very proud.

I think the changes with your Mom must be both exciting and sad - exciting to have her closer, sad to say good-bye to the homestead. I'm sending hugs to you - things happen for a reason and in God's plan it will all work out right.

Enjoy dinner ;-)

Jeanne said...

Hope your dinner was wonderful!

What a great ending to your week. It's so fun to see how much the kids have grown from year to year. Although it sometimes takes my breath away too. Amy's little cd from her teacher has been wonderful as she talks more about the different things they did throughout the year that I didn't know about.

I hope the move goes smoothly and that the transition is all that your mom hopes it to be. Exciting and a bit bittersweet, I'm sure.

And your card is just lovely! The embossing is a wonderful touch. Great job.

Big hugs to you!