Monday, May 10, 2010

A Technique I Can Explain

Faux Linen_May 2010

The challenge this week on the Heart 2 Heart Challenges blog is to create a project using a technique you can explain. Having recently acquired CTMH’s new Fruitful Delights stamp set, I knew exactly what technique I wanted to demonstrate. Faux Linen!

To create a faux linen background, you will need the following materials and tools: Glossy cardstock; A light-colored ink pad; Medium-weight sandpaper; Sponge. The directions are as follows:

  1. Take your sandpaper and sand up and down, creating vertical lines.
  2. Next, sand horizontally, removing the glossy surface from the paper.
  3. Ink up your sponge and apply it to the sanded surface. I used Bamboo ink. If your paper is too dark, you can sand it some more.
  4. Once you have achieved a look you are happy with, stamp your focal point image and color as desired.

Should you wish to use a background stamp with the faux linen technique, stamp your background before sanding.

 

Fruitful Delight_May 2010

Here is my finished card. My image was colored with markers. I love the simple, classic look.

And now to warn you, it might be a rather fruity week! I have a few new things from Close To My Heart’s new summer catalog – most of them fruit-related. I will love it and hope you will, too.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Chocolate, Cranberry, and White Glossy cardstock; Creative Basics Cherry-O Collection; Black, Chocolate, and Bamboo ink pads; Tulip, Garden Green, and Garden Green markers; Fruitful Delight and Happy Birthday stamp sets; Antiqued Copper mini brads; Sandpaper; Round sponge; Stampin’ Up Ticket punch; 3M foam mounting tape.

The little boys are staying with us tonight, and thus, I’ll keep this short. There are games to be played, stories to be read, and some catching up to do in the hugs department. I’m so glad they are here. My time at work was busy and productive, which made for a good day. I hope yours was, too. Enjoy your evening, and thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Laurel said...

Love it, so yummy!

Sylvia said...

I like that technique. NIce clean lines on the card. Yes, we are traveling. We are in Fremont NE. Have a very nice room at Holiday Inn Express. Noe for a nice relaxing evening,

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Great technique - I didn't know that one - and am so glad you posted it!

The fruit is beautiful - I know I won't be able to resist them now that you're showing how great they are!

Enjoy your boys!
Hugs!

The Closet Crafter said...

Oh, this is such a pretty card! Your coloring really brings those apples to life!

Jeanne said...

Great technique and explanation. Your card looks delicious.

I'm sure you thoroughly loved on your boys!

Anonymous said...

Never heard of that technique! Now I must try it! Thanks for playing with H2H this week!

Carolyn said...

Cute card! Great looking apples!

Mary said...

That is a great technique and works perfectly with that image. Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Lori said...

What a fun technique and so yummy looking.

Katarina Arguinzoni said...

I've never seen this technique, this is great and looks just right on the card!

Deneen said...

Wow, great technique, I'm going to have to try this one!

Nalazoo said...

I miss linen stick-stock - this is a GREAT way to get that effect without it! I look forward to trying it with my Bowl of Cherries stamp set!