Wednesday, June 30, 2010

FTL #96

Bon Appetit_June 2010

Happy Wednesday! Here’s my take on FTL#96 as featured on the Clean & Simple Stamping blog. It also qualifies for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC73), which is to create a fruit-inspired card.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Smokey Plum cardstock; Bella Level 2 paper packet; New England Ivy, Petal, Smokey Plum, and Bamboo ink pads; Bon Appétit and Thank You stamp sets; Speckled Background stamp (retired); Antiqued Copper mini brads; Sponge dauber.

How is your week going? Does it seem a bit long to you, too? I guess that’s what happens when one is waitin’ for the weekend! Speaking of weekend, my kids and just about everyone else I know are making plans to leave town. Me? I’m still holding onto the idea of three days of mostly at-home time. How about you? What are you doing over the 4th?

Tonight, I’m off to bed. Hope your Thursday is terrific!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Great card Kathi!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card Kathi!! Love the colors/sentiment!
Oh yeah, I don't do the fish either. Sam said he would do the worms & take the fish off. Micah's not ready yet. says he is but hasn't Yet.
Isn't fishin fun? Hahahaha :)

Love ya, girlie!!

Barb said...

Sweet card, Kathi! Love the grapes. And your idea of staying home for the weekend sounds heavenly...hope you get to spend some time in your ''corner''.

Blessings to you my friend!

Alanna said...

This is so pretty Kathi. I love how you did the grapes and the row of brads at the bottom.

Leslie said...

This is so pretty. One of my favorite stamps. I think I have always done the grapes in purple, but I am thinking I'd like to try red and green sometime. Love the lattice background behind the grapes.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Beautiful card Kathi - I've used that set once, I think - and this weekend I'm gonna pull it out and imitate your card! Just perfect!

My plans? Hide indoors and scrapbook. I need to get caught up a bit. Sunday will be busy at church but Monday will be very laid back (and very welcome!).

Hugs!