Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Stamps, New Paper, 10 Minutes

Wildflower Garden_Hero Arts_June 2010

Hi, everybody! Did you have a nice weekend? I hope so. As you well know, mine was busy. Yesterday, a couple of my sisters (the Martha Stewart types) and I spent the day helping Mom get stuff put away. Wouldn’t you know it was me who put her pantry together only to have a couple of the shelves collapse about as soon as I got it done? Sigh. One of the Marthas fixed it while Mom and I went shopping for some supplies she needed. It was a fun day.

Tonight, there were errands to run after work, leaving me about 10 minutes to spend in my corner – just enough time to ink up this new stamp from Hero Arts on a piece of this new (to me) paper from 7gypsies. The bird is part of the paper, and although it isn’t dimensional to the stamped image, I used it anyway. Not something I needed, the paper (so pretty) was purchased in a weak moment. Oh, who am I kidding? Like the stamps weren’t as well? LOL. Anyway, I love ‘em and see myself using them for something a bit more time consuming when I have more time. Tonight, this is what you get. I was going to add a sentiment but couldn’t decide what or where and didn’t want to mess up the pretty paper. Thus, a note card!

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Autumn Terracotta cardstock; 7gypsies Nottinghill 6x6-inch paper variety pack; Outdoor Denim ink pad; Hero Arts Wildflower Garden stamp set.

After the busy weekend, it was almost nice to go back to work today. Routine can be a good thing. And with Mom in town, I see mine changing somewhat – and in a good way. I’ve become kind of a hermit in recent years and anticipate getting out more, which will be good for me. For tonight, however, the only place I should “get” is to bed. But not before I thank you for the sweet comments you left on my last post. They were very much appreciated. It was fun to share. And that’s what it’s all about. Hope your Wednesday is wonderful. “See” you soon.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Dang! Look what you can create in 10 minutes. Beautiful. I need to take lessons from you and get back into my little crafting space.

Loved your story about you and the Marthas (great nickname). Oops on the shelves! LOL

I hope you enjoy spending more time with your mom...maybe you'll get her hooked on stamping, too! *Ü*

Have a great rest of your week, dear friend.

Alanna said...

THis is so beautiful Kathi. Just gorgeous.

I'm so glad you all could help your Mom on Monday. I'm sure you will enjoy getting out more now that she is closer to you.

My friend, have a most splendid day.

Marie said...

Wow...beautiful!
How exciting for you to have your mom close by. Enjoy!