Saturday, June 26, 2010

Simple Saturday

Little Blooms_June 2010

My Simple Saturday offering was inspired by this lovely card I saw the other day on the Simplicity blog. I thought I had a little coin-like charm to use in the corner, too – something I’d saved from a candle. But I couldn’t find it (no wonder) and used the little buckle instead (from the Antiqued Copper Mini Medley Accents Collection from CTMH).  My ribbon was too wide and stiff to accommodate the buckle, so I ran a line of Fray Check down the length of it and when it was dry, cut it down into a narrower piece.

The images were stamped with Olive and colored with a Garden Green marker. To add some additional texture to the stamped and colored image, I used my Speckled Background stamp with Bamboo ink.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Olive cardstock; Olive ink pad; Clear Dollar Stamps Little Blooms and Impression Obsession Anytime Sentiments stamp sets; CTMH Speckled Backgrounds stamp (retired); Antiqued Copper Mini Medley Accents Collection; New England Ivy Designer Ribbon Rounds (retired).

It has been a busy couple of days. “Kiss Me Kate” was fantastic on Thursday night – three hours of laugh-out-loud entertainment. The local talent astounds me. Last night, Bjorn and Mathias stayed with us. We enjoyed supper and playtime at a favorite park and then back at home, played games until bedtime. The fresh air was a great sleep inducer – for all of us.  We have a wedding at 5 o’clock this afternoon with the reception at the golf club following the ceremony. My dilemma, of course, is what to wear. LOL.

And now, I’m off to feed a couple of little boys their breakfasts before fun and games until their Daddy comes to get them. I’m hoping to spend some time in my corner today. A little serious computer time would be nice, too.

I hope your weekend is wonderful. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oo, very classy! I LOVE that you actually trimmed down the ribbon - I wouldn't have though of that in a million years. I have a bottle of fray-check, too, that I've used only once - years ago. Hmmm. The wheels are beginning to creak to life.

Enjoy your weekend!
Hugs!

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous Kathi. I love the ribbon and buckle in the corner.

I'm glad you could spend some time with those 2 cute boys. Have fun at the wedding tonight.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a pretty card!