Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Making a Scene

Look Up!_July 2010

Allsorts Challenge 59 this week is to create a scene on your card.  “Create a scene” sounds like “make a scene” to me – three words I closely associate with the word, “don’t,” as in “Don’t make a scene.” I think that phrase must be a throwback from the “children are to be seen and not heard” days. Now days, it seems likes making a scene is commonplace, and there are no rules for children, which is probably why they grow up and think nothing of making a scene. It brings the word “decorum” to mind, which is as old-fashioned as my thinking is becoming. LOL.

As for the scene I created for my card, it’s pretty simple, and it’s the only scene I made today.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Star Spangled Blue cardstock; Splendor paper packet; Star Spangled Blue, Holiday Red, Topiary, Heavenly Blue, and Black ink pads; Practicing Creativity Designs Look Up! and CTMH Happy Birthday stamp sets; Red mini brads; Stampin’ Up Word Window punch; 3M foam mounting tape.

 

Fly Free_July 2010

This card was made with a cute image (Fly Free by LeeAnne Ellis for Sugar Nellie) I’ve had for a while that I’d tried to color several times before but never to my satisfaction. Finally, I sat down last night determined to use it to make a card, and this is what I came up with.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Black, Crystal Blue, and Amethyst cardstock; Black, Crystal Blue, Amethyst, and Twilight ink pads; Sugar Nellie Fly Free and CTMH Speckled Background (retired) stamps; Hero Arts Anytime Messages stamp set; Black mini brads; Prismacolor colored pencils; Dove blending pen; Black My Legacy Writer.

Nope, I didn’t make a scene today. Just tried to go with the flow. LOL. Actually, it was a fine day with just enough to do to make the workday pass pleasantly. After work, I stopped to visit with Mom before coming home to tackle the laundry I ignored on the weekend. Husband is still at the golf course.

And I slept like a baby last night. I’m going for two nights in a row. A good night’s sleep makes a world of difference when it comes to energy and attitude.

How was your day? Does it seem possible that it’s Thursday already tomorrow? While it isn’t going to be quiet, I’m looking forward to the weekend anyway. Saturday, I will have the little guys to all myself while my boys and their dad participate in our company’s annual Golf Social. With the assistance of his brother, Cameron has organized it for the past several years, so there is a lot of planning that leads up to it. Dusty will not be playing golf this year, however, as he is on crutches. It seems he slid into base last night at softball and has a badly sprained ankle and nasty contusion on his heal. Having experienced a sprained ankle a couple of times, he has my sympathy. Ouch!

The laundry room beckons. Enjoy your evening! And thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Kathi! Well, I know about "not" creating a scene! And here you've gone and done it! LOL I do love the rolling hills, the balloons gently lifting up from earth - idyllic. It's quite a scene! Does your Mom know??

Your second card is lovely - the softness of the plum/purples and the periwinkle/blues are beautiful together! The image is darling and you've colored it beautifully. It was just waiting to be set free . . . (ok, ok, I'll stop now)!

Hugs!

Jeanne said...

Your "scenic" card is absolutely beautiful, Kathi! Much, much more pleasing than the scenes you've described. Many a time recently I've sighed inwardly as I walk into yet another store and hear a child screaming because they aren't getting what they want.

Your second card is just lovely. The soft colors work wonderfully with the image and I love your coloring.

Sounds like the week is going really well...except for Dusty's ankle. Ouch! Hope it heals quickly!

Carolyn said...

I loved all the scene talk. LOL that was cute! Your cards are gorgeous as always. I have the same cloud template, haven't used it in a while.
Sprains are worse than a break esp if you roll your ankle. Ouch, my son in-law did that.

brenda said...

Hi Kathi

Two great cards and adore the crisp fresh look of the scene.

Thank you for joning in my create a scene theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x