Saturday, July 3, 2010

Simple Saturday

So Sweet Seasons_July 2010

Good afternoon! Thank you so very much for your sweet comments on my last post. To answer a question, there has been discussion about finding out the sex of the baby, although I don’t know if a decision has been made. We’ve had it both ways. We didn’t know with our sons or Bjorn, but did find out with Mathias. While the element of surprise had been removed, the joy of his birth was not diminished in the least. Whatever Dustin and Miranda decide is OK with me. So far, they’ve purchased one piece of clothing for the baby – a camouflage onesie at Cabelas. Boy or girl, I imagine this little one will be traipsing through the woods after mom and/or dad at an early age.

About my card, the white cardstock is textured. The stamped element was attached to the card with foam tape. It’s all straighter than it appears in the photo, too. LOL. About freedom, it’s neither simple nor is it free. For me, it ranks right up there with faith, family, and friends – all that I hold dear – none of which I want to lose – all of which I would fight for.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy Textured cardstock; Cranberry and Outdoor Denim cardstock; Cranberry and Outdoor Denim ink pads; So Sweet Seasons stamp set (retired); 3M foam mounting tape.

Are you having a good day? I hope so. My day has been perfect, as I’ve gone about my business in the most leisurely of fashions. Husband made dinner tonight. Shrimp Scampi. It was delicious. And to think this is a man, who a few years ago, could not make macaroni and cheese from a box.

Tonight, I’m going to watch some television and maybe do a little sorting in my corner. I think the clutter is having an adverse effect on my mojo. Enjoy your evening, friends, and again, thank you!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi Kathi, I love the simplicity of you card. Also what it stands for. Don't you just love the saying: only two people have ever laid down their life for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
As you say about the baby, it won't make any difference if you know before or not.
I too need to clean up my scrap room, maybe my mojo is hidden under all those scraps of paper and bits of stuff.
Happy 4th.

Alanna said...

Super cute Kathi. I echo your sentiments on freedom. What a great country we live in and I feel so blessed to have been born here and that there were people willing, and still willing, to fight for our freedoms.

I hope you have a splending 4th of July.