Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Simple Saturday …on Tuesday

Say it in Style_August 2010

I have to say Simple Saturday is kind of dumb for someone whose signature is simple and does simple about 95 percent of the time. However, it’s a tradition. About the only sure bet there is on this blog at this time, and even so, I am sometimes late … or early, depending upon how you look at it. LOL.

Anyhoo, I was dying to try the new Cuttlebug folder Jeanne sent me. I love damask and brocade and the design of this folder. I love the larger (5x7-inch) embossing folder, too. Even though I used it to make an A2-size card, I love that the larger folder gives one the option of covering the whole card base. To make the embossing stand out a bit more, I sponged it with White Daisy pigment ink. The butterfly is a digital image from Hero Arts. I used sponges and ink for my 60-second coloring job. In keeping with the simple theme, I added a single rhinestone to the “o” in “you.”

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Moonstruck cardstock; Moonstruck, Hydrangea, and White Daisy Pigment ink pads; Hero Arts Winged Friends digital image; CTMH Say it in Style stamp set; Sparkles; Cuttlebug w/Kassie’s Brocade 5x7-inch embossing folders and Nestabilities Labels Eight; Round sponges; Sponge dauber.

A Slice of Life: Speaking of Jeanne, it’s her birthday today! Even if she doesn’t post today (I hope she is having too much fun!), stop by her blog, and wish her a Happy Birthday. Today has been another good day. There were a couple of extra guys here to dispense goodbye kisses this morning, and I talked to Bjorn this afternoon on the phone. He had to tell me about his “great” visit to the dentist this morning (unlike previous visits when he has been mortified) and the fact that he lost a tooth today. I was busy at work, which always makes for a good day.  After work, I stopped at Mom’s for a few minutes and came home to a quiet house. Even though you wouldn’t catch me on a golf course when it’s as nippy as it is this evening, hardcore Husband is there and most likely will be until he either becomes preoccupied with hunting or the snow flies.

That’s probably enough jabber out of me for one night. How was your day? A fine one, I hope. Have a wonderful Wednesday, too!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

My goodness this is stunning!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wowie, Kathi! Your card is wonderful!!! I think I NEED that embossing folder! LOL

I'm glad you had a good day - mine was pretty good, too. Off to say "hi" to Jeanne!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous Kathi.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card! Nice gift too. Oh and Happy Belated Birthday Kathi!
Thanks for the heads up on Jeanne's BD.

Jeanne said...

I'm a bit behind, but then, it's never too late to give a compliment, is it? This card is beautiful!!! Wow! I struggled deciding which one of the folders I saw to choose. They had one with letters, too and I know how you love your words. *Ü* Back and forth I went, wishing I could get both. LOL Looks like I chose a winner though and I'm so very glad. Look how stunningly you used it!! And that butterfly? Woweee! Love it!

Now I know why I got a few unexpected birthday wishes...thanks, Sweetie! Hug.

Have a wonderful weekend, my special friend!