Saturday, October 23, 2010

Simple Saturday

Many Blessings_October 2010

 

Here is another card inspired by one I found in the Verve Stamps Gallery. I embossed the “frame” with a rectangular Nestabilities die. The flowers were colored with markers. The centers of the flowers are from a couple of inexpensive bags of gem stones I found at Wal-Mart. I used Liquid Glass to glue them to my card.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and Cocoa cardstock; Cocoa ink pad; Sunflower, Goldrush, and Garden Green markers; Verve Stamps Many Blessings stamp set; Gem stones from Wal-Mart; Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities Classic Rectangles set.

 

Autumn Splendor_Verve_Oct 2010

This second card is my take on FTL #113 on the Clean & Simple Stamping blog. It’s a great, classic layout that can either be dressed up or dressed down. My Simple Saturday card is a dressed down version. The only “extra” thing I did was sponge some ink around the edges of stamped images and the card base, adding depth to what otherwise would have been a pretty “flat” card.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White, Goldrush, and Cocoa cardstock; Cocoa, Goldrush, Sunflower, Autumn Terracotta, and Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distressing Ink stamp pads; Verve Stamps Autumn Splendor and Happy Fall stamp sets; Round sponges.

A Slice of Life: There will be no more stamping for this girl until she cleans up her corner. It’s to the point where I have to jump in and jump out of my chair, which, I’ve learned in the past, can be hazardous. Even if I had the athletic prowess to leap into place, there is less than a 6 by 6-inch square of workplace left on my desk. Thus, I am off to clean up my corner and a few other hot spots in my tiny abode. With some fun-looking sketch challenges offered in the blogosphere, I am hoping to get back to my corner later in the day.

Have a great Saturday, my friends, and as always, thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Laurel said...

Kathi these are stunning!

Alanna said...

Both cards are so gorgeous. I've really got to get me some Verve stamps.

I hope you can get your area cleaned up a bit, only because I don't want you to hurt yourself. A 6x6 inch area does seem a little small.

I'm also hoping to clean my area a bit today. We'll see.

Have a great Saturday Kathi!

Lori said...

Love them both. So pretty and clean.

Sheila H said...

Beautiful cards, simple, classic and elegant!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I do think it's amazing how much "stuff" it takes to create simple beauty! LOL My room (and I'm blessed to have an entire room) is much like your space Kathi, I have to step over things and scrunch around . . . golly! Today I cleaned up enough to go into "production mode". LOL

I do LOVE these two cards - they are outstanding examples of why I fell in love with your blog in the first place! You have a definite sense of design - placement and color rule!! The effects are always pleasing. Some of my favorite cards are ones were I've imitated you!

Hugs!

Jeanne said...

Simply beautiful cards, Kathi! Love the clean lines and how striking they are. You show, over and over again, that you don't need a lot of "schtuff" to create stunning cards!

I DO hope you are able to clean off an area that is larger than 6x6 inches in which to work. We can't have you injured in the line of duty.

Hugs!!!

Carolyn said...

My Goodness you've been busy, Beautiful card!!
Wanna clean my Korner? :)

Anonymous said...

I especially like the white card and your embossing detail. It's just lovely!