Thursday, October 21, 2010

Those Punkins Again

A while back I said I wasn’t going to do any more Halloween unless it was cutesy. The pumpkin and bird stamps from Verve Bountful Harvest_2_Oct 2010made that easy enough. I colored the orange parts of the pumpkins and the little not-quite-black bird with Prismacolor pencils and OMS and the stems and stars with markers. I used a blending pen and ink pad ink to do a little shadowing and “ground” the pumpkins. The layout is very simple. I think the narrow matting helps and was worth the effort – even if it gave me fits when assembling the pieces. LOL.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Black, and Orange cardstock; Patterned paper from Doodlebug Designs; Black, Juniper, and Chocolate ink pads; Brown Bag and Sunny Yellow markers; Verve Stamps Bountiful Harvest, Happy Fall, and Harvest Birds Plain Jane stamp sets; Orange mini brads from my stash; Prismacolor colored pencils; Odorless mineral spirits; Blending stumps; Dove blending pen; 3M foam mounting tape.

A Slice of Life: If you use Google Reader, you may have already seen this card. My attempt at a scheduled post for Tuesday evening didn’t fair so well with me hitting the wrong buttons and then Blogger messing up my format. My intentions were good. LOL. It’s Thursday night again … already. While I don’t feel bad that tomorrow is Friday, I will have to say this has been a whirlwind of a week. Tuesday night, we went to husband’s “beet banquet,” a supper – complete with paychecks – hosted by the nice family he worked for. It was fun. Before supper, we made a quick trip to the mall in Grand Forks where I did a little power shopping. That was fun, too, with me picking up a couple of sweaters, a jacket, and a couple of tops. My winter wardrobe is looking better now. Last night, I bowled. A good time. My nothing-to-brag-about average is 121, and I bowled a 124, 123, and 125 – very consistent but kind of boring. LOL. Today, I came home from work a couple of hours early with the stomach ailment that seems to be making its way around. The symptoms (a tummy that felt as if it was about to erupt) came on fast and diminished within a few hours, so I guess I’m good to go again.

How has your week been? Are you, like me, looking forward to the weekend? I have quite a list of projects I would like to accomplish – most likely more than are possible in a couple of days. We’ll give it a whirl, however, and see what transpires. In the meantime, have a great Friday, and take care.

4 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Kathi! Pretty card - I know what you mean about Halloween cards - I do draw the line at the really scary ones! But this is perfect!

You crack me up about the bowling (boring?). I'm glad DHs annual beet adventure is over . . . you'll be settling into a whole new routine very soon. Here's to sliding into the weekend!

Hugs!

Sparkplug17 said...

I love how it really pops against the black! Fabulous!

Alanna said...

Your card is darling Kathi. I love all the layers and the thin matting looks wonderful.

Sorry to hear about your stomach ailment. Hopefully it stays gone.

I am also looking forward to the weekend. Typing this up on my lunch hour and counting down the hours until quitting time.

I'm glad you got the card and that it brought you a smile.

Have a great night and weekend!

Sylvia said...

I like the addition of the little bird.