Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holiday House

Here is another simple Christmas card made with Close To My Heart’s Snow Days stamp set and Mistletoe paper packet. The image was stamped with New England Ivy ink. I used a blending pen to do some shading with same color ink, colored the bow on the door wreath with a marker, and then speckled it and the piece the sentiment is on to emulate the fine speckling on the striped paper. I sponged the edges of my pieces with more Antique Linen DistSnow Days_Dec 2010ressing Ink.

Materials & Tools: Colonial White and New England Ivy cardstock; Mistletoe Level 2 paper packet; New England Ivy and Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distressing Ink stamp pads; Cranberry marker; Dove blending pen; Say it in Style and Snow Days stamp sets; Speckled Background stamp (retired); New England Ivy and Cranberry brads; Sponge distressing tool.

A Slice of Life: I must be in a holiday stupor this evening. Seldom am I at a loss for words. Another day at work – engaging (a synonym for “busy,” a word I have overused recently). Tired, which is a Thursday thing – I think. Glad tomorrow is Friday – always!

How about you? Are you ready for Christmas? I hope you are enjoying the days leading up to it. After all, that’s what it is all about. For me, the holidays bring more anticipation than usual, which might account for feeling a bit dazed. First, there is the baby. A precious gift that/who will appear in her own time. And a new job shortly after the first of the year with hours that should afford me a different – and I am 99 percent certain, better – lifestyle. Soon.

No, I am washing a couple loads of clothes and best go tend to them. I hope your day was wonderful! Thanks for stopping by, friends.

6 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Jeanne said...

Excellent card, Kathi. The house is beautiful and I really like the fun papers to add to the festive mood. The one green brad flanked by the red ones looks great.

After a long and very busy (but productive) day, I spent last night on the couch dozing (gasp) until I gave it up and went to bed. I was so tired and yet annoyed because I'm reading a fun fluff Christmas romance and I kept closing my eyes when I really wanted to read what happened next. LOL Laundry is on my to-do list today.

I hope you have a wonderful Friday. I can tell you are really enjoying this holiday season...you have much to anticipate!

Laurel said...

So pretty Kathi!

Sylvia said...

Very nice card. The house looks like it gives off the aura of being warm and friendly inside. I like your color combo and how you offset the house. The red bow adds a neat touch.

Alanna said...

Another great card. I love the image and how you did the brads at the bottom of the card.

I'm not quite ready for Christmas but I'm definitely ready for the weekend and am hoping to be done with most of my preparations by Sunday evening. A little shopping and some baking are in order for this weekend.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love your card, Kathi! I was just thinking that the Tim Holtz antique linen was best for aging the paper . . . and here you used it! Sweet! I feel so good when I think of something that my mentor does. ;-)

My weekend will be low-key - restful. Relaxing. Contemplative.

How's that?
Hugs!