Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Peace on Earth, Goodwill Toward Men

Tonight’s card is based on Say it in Style_3_Dec 2010FTL #120 as featured on the Clean & Simple Stamping blog. The snowflake was created with Cricut’s Winter Lace cartridge. It’s covered with ultra fine glitter and is much prettier in person. You’ve heard that one before. LOL.

Materials & Tools: Juniper and White Daisy Textured cardstock; Basic Grey Jovial 6x6-inch paper pad; Juniper ink pad; Say it in Style stamp set; Sparkles; White satin ribbon from Wal-Mart; Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter; Cricut w/Winter Lace cartridge.

A Slice of Life: Busy. Have I used that word lately? Like every day? Everyone I know is busy. Tonight, however, I am taking things kind of slow and easy. The events of the last few days have been (Sharli used a good word in her sweet comment on my last post) “unsettling.” Mom talked to her sister again this morning and learned that no arrangements can be made until after the autopsy of my cousin’s body is complete on Thursday. I am certain the hours are dragging by for my aunt and cousins. Two of my siblings and their spouses went to spend some time with them this evening. I was glad to hear that.

We have our holiday meal at work tomorrow. The food is always wonderful, catered by a local guy who amazingly can pull off a feast for 2,300 people. I’d be looking forward to it a bit more than I am had I not been my invitation not been for 10:30 am. I don’t know if that was the “luck of the draw” or what. The idea of a big meal with a rich dessert at that time of day is not very appealing to me. As for sneaking in a little later, our invitations, which we have to present at mealtime, are color-coded this year. No cheatin’ LOL. I’ll survive.

After making one more little tour around the blogosphere, I am off to bed. Thank you for you kind comments. I appreciate them from the bottom of my heart. Have a great Hump Day. I’ll stop back with a card after bowling tomorrow night. Take care.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

This is beautiful!

Jeanne said...

Stunning! I love it!! Isn't that a fun cartridge? I'm so itching to get back into the craft space, but other projects are taking priority right now. Darn it! Soon!

I hope you can enjoy at least a few nibbles on the upcoming feast. I agree, 10:30 am seems a tad early, though.

Have a good day, Sweetie!

Alanna said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the layout, the colors and the bling I can see on the snowflake.

Your holiday meal sounds fabulous but I agree, 10:30 is just a ridiculous time for lunch. Hopefully you can still enjoy it.

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card!
WOW that is a lot of peeps to cook for. That guy must love his job! :)