Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Hump Day!

Silhouette Blooms 1_2_Jan 2011

Today’s card has been put together and taken apart so many times, I am surprised I did not wear out the paper. And while I am still not crazy about it, what you see is 10 times better than my other attempts. Initially, I embossed the stems (or whatever they’re called) in white on Petal cardstock. If the idea was right, the stamp was wrong. The finished card was ugly. I’m thinking that swapping out those tiny butterflies for a couple of larger ones might help this card.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Sweet Leaf cardstock; Black and Petal ink pads; Cornish Heritage Farms Silhouette Blooms I and Hero Arts Truly Appreciated stamp sets; Pearl Opaques; Martha Stewart Medium Butterfly punch; Piercing tool; Stampin’ Up Piercing Guide & Mat; Round sponge.

A Slice of Life: I chuckle at my reference to Hump Day. With my workweek just starting in about an hour, Wednesdays are now my Mondays, and I suppose Thursday is technically my Hump Day. Friday is still Friday with the exception that I don’t get done working until Saturday morning. Confused? If I don’t knock it off, I certainly will be. LOL.

With that bit of nonsense, I had best get serious and finish getting ready for work. I hope you are having a wonderful week. “See” you again soon.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

The two colors look really great together, Kathi and I love the final effect of your efforts. Very, very pretty!

Got a good giggle over your silliness. Love the fact that you were feeling silly! Since this is Thursday morning for me, happy Hump Day to you!

Anne said...

Cute card! Looks like it might need some ribbon or decorative edging to break up the straightness. Otherwise love the color combos and the stamps you chose!

Alanna said...

This is beautiful Kathi. Your efforts were well worth it. And I love the font of the "truly appreciated" part of the sentiment.

I hope that your "Monday" went well and that today, you enjoy your "hump day". LOL