Monday, January 10, 2011

Spray Pen Shimmer

The other day, I stamped the background for this card using stamps from the Wings set, which is included in  the Wings Workshop on the Go Wings_Jan 2011kit – Vineyard Berry ink on Colonial White cardstock. Without having a specific plan in mind, I laid my stamped piece off to the side with the hope that I would eventually be struck by a lightening bolt of inspiration. I spied it again when looking for something to spray with my new Spray Pen gadget. Lo and behold, I love the way it turned out. I also sprayed both sides of the circle I used to make the rolled paper rose. I like the way it turned out as well.

Material & Tools: Colonial White, Vineyard Berry, and Olive cardstock; Vineyard Berry ink pad; Wings stamp set; Martha Stewart Five Leaf Branch punch; Spray Pen; Vineyard Berry reinker; Create-a-Shade Pearl Paint.

A Slice of Life: Thinking that I should probably start “priming” myself for my funky new work hours, I stayed up until 5 am this morning at which time I had no problem falling asleep or staying asleep until noon. The only problem was that I woke up with a dull, icky headache that I remedied with an aspirin but hope is not a recurring thing.

With plans to do a major overhaul of my small, currently overstuffed abode, I got the bathroom cleaned today – walls, vanity, fixtures, floor, every nook and cranny. I did the laundry, too. Tomorrow, I am going to start on the kitchen. With more time at home, I am looking forward to doing more cooking once my kitchen is in order. When I worked five days a week, I was more than happy to let Husband have reign in the kitchen. Although I enjoyed his cooking, I am not so fond of his organizational skills. He puts stuff where it fits, which is not necessarily where it fit previously. I believe I have aired this grievance before. LOL.

How was your Monday? I hope a fine start to your week. Have a great Tuesday, too! Hugs to you, my friends. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a gorgeous card!

Alanna said...

WOW Kathi, this card takes my breath away. It is SO gorgeous. I love the flower and the look the spray pen gave.

Good luck with your cleaning efforts. Sounds like you're off to a banner start.

Working 5 days a week really is the pits, huh? There's so many other things that don't get to be done. I'm so glad for you that you'll have a new schedule.

Jeanne said...

Well, I must say, this change in your life suits your creative spirit! This is a fantastically gorgeous card. I adore the shimmer all over! Wow!

Yay, for being able to start cleaning up around the place. The bathroom is a wonderful place to start. Small, but the impact is great. It's hard work, but very satisfying in the end. Cheers to you and have fun tackling the kitchen next.

Hugs to you!!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

This is so pretty! (It's kinda similar in some ways to a card I made in December that is not scheduled to post until January 15th for a blog hop. GMTA! Mine's not all sparkly like yours, though.) LOVE it! TFS, it's beautiful! And I love those flowers, too.