Sunday, February 20, 2011

A New Week Begins

Truly Appreciated_2_Feb 2011As you may have guessed by now, I am really loving Close To My Heart’s new Pear color. It is such a fresh, pretty green and a perfect complement to Topiary.

I tried a new (to me) technique, too, using an acrylic block to stamp the background.  For this card, I used my 4-1/2 by 6 inch block, which covered the whole piece. The use of a smaller block would result in a look similar to that of a shadow stamp.  The vellum sentiment strip was inspired by the Make It Monday #2 post on Papertrey Ink’s blog.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy and Topiary cardstock; Vellum; Pear and Topiary ink pads; Clear embossing powder; Hero Arts Leaf Cluster Cling stamp and Truly Appreciated stamp set; Acrylic “Dew Drops” from Michael’s; 4-1/2 by 6 inch acrylic block; Embossing heat tool.

A Slice of Life: After sleeping for about 16 of the last 24 hours, I am caught up and ready to start a new week. As for what is on the agenda today, I haven’t decided yet. There is still a lot of sorting and purging to be done in my corner. I would love to just sit and stamp for a while, too. I guess we will see what the day brings.

How are you doing? It’s hard to believe it is the last week in February already, isn’t it? It doesn’t seem to matter what kind of work schedule I have. The days seem to zip right by. And that means that if I am going to have anything to show you or tell you in coming days, I better “get to getting.” Enjoy your Sunday, my friends, and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

So pretty, love how you have been using the green lately.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Kathi,
Love how the block makes the paper look so interesting - mottled? Anyway, it's a great trick that I must try! Nice work - wonderful card!

Hugs!!

Sheila H said...

I want to trying inking a block for a background stamp - thanks! Your card is lovely.

Alanna said...

This is just beautiful Kathi. I don't have any of the new color from CTMH but do love this pear color as well. Great technique using the block.

I'm glad you got caught up on some sleep. I hope that your day is everything that you want it to be.

Hugs!

Jeanne said...

Oh Kathi, this is such a pretty card. I really like the idea of using the block as a stamp. I'm going to have to try it sometime. I think that Pear looks a little less in your face than Citrus Leaf (which is a color I love, but is a hard one to find a complementary color). Very striking used here!

I'm glad you caught up on your sleep and that you found a little time to stamp. I hope your cleaning is going well and that maybe someday you might share what your corner looks like when you've got it set up to your liking.

Have a wonderful week! Oh, is your little guy over his stomach bug? And are you all going to reschedule your Valentine's dinner?

Sylvia said...

Very pretty card. I am in my craft room today and think I will try using a block as a background stamp.